THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Igotahunch
Slave
Igotahunch

New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar   New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 05:13

I'm pretty new to the game, but I have done a little research and came up with this 1000 point list.

DE Realspace Raiders Detachment

HQ

Lhameans, Venom
splinter cannon upgrade         75pts

Troops

5x Kabalite warriors, Venom
splinter cannon upgrade          105pst

Fast Attack

3x Reavers
cluster caltrops                     63pts

3x Reavers

Scourges                            
heat lances                           120pts

Scourges                            
heat lances                           120pts

Venom
splinter cannon upgrade         65pts

Venom
splinter cannon upgrade         65pts

TOTAL = 991pts

Dark Eldar are like the coolest. Am I on the right track with this list? I wanted to make something simple and effective. I'm pretty much just copying and pasting from other builds I've seen. Do I need any more anti-tank stuff? Is there such thing as too many venoms? Any feedback would be great!
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar   New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 05:32

It looks like you're trying to make a Mass Small Unit (MSU) list. This is bad for surviveability but great for target saturation. The list you have is fine, but some fine tunes I personally would make would be to squish this into a CAD for objective secured. It messes with people so bad when your ob-sec Venom scoots 30" and claims an objective. Preferably 6 units of Warriors in Venoms, a single Llhamean just chilling by herself, and then maybe 3 units of Scourges with Heat Lances. Alternatively, try dropping a Scourge squad and bring 3 units of Mandrakes for 2+ cover in terrain. Those guys are cheap, easy to use, and almost always earn their points.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar   New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 05:39

yes, i agree change it to a CAD (combined arms detachment) some people you multiple CADs or add a formation to the list. You will need sommething beside the scourges that kill vehicles. they wont live very long. you can add heavy support or upgrade 1 k warrior to a leader for a haywire granade in each unit. revears can take a blaster for 10 points, but they tend to die quick. another option is some heavy support with ravengers with 3 dark lances.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar   New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 05:53

Cut a venom.(+70) Make it 2 CAD's with the spare venom becoming the second lahmians venom (+60). Instead of lahmians (+80) make each of those a medusae(+30) and turn each of their venoms into a raider with a nightshield (+20) Make each reaver squad's cluster caltrop holder an arena champion so you can look out sir to protect it(0) and that brings your list cost up to 996 as that running total I just did was spare points out of 1000. One of the Arena Champions becomes your warlord.
Back to top Go down
Igotahunch
Slave
Igotahunch

PostSubject: Re: New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar   New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2017, 07:07

Thanks for the replies! I really appreciate your input. I was thinking what you guys said and I revised the list a little.

CAD

HQ

Madusae, Venom
splinter cannon upgrade 90pts

Troops

splinter cannon upgrade 105pst

Fast Attack

Scourges
heat lances 120pts

Scourges
heat lances 120pts

Heavy Support

Ravager
3x dark lances, night shields 140pts

TOTAL = 995pts

Looking better? From what I've seen of Dark Eldar so far is that they seem to want to have lots of vehicles and several small units. I was planning on expanding this list with grotesques or incubi later on. Mandrakes seem pretty durable for the points though. Do you camp objectives with them?
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar   New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2017, 08:27

you cant have 5 troop choices in a single cad. I also wouldn't cut the reavers they are great for last min objective grabbing and line breaker. you could also make one unit trueborn with blasters in a venom, little more expensive though.
i would do this...
CAD

HQ

Madusae, Venom
splinter cannon upgrade 90pts

Elites

Mandrakes  36pts

Troops

5x Kabalite warriors, 1x Sybarite w/Haywire Grenade Venom
splinter cannon upgrade 120pst

4x Kabalite warriors, 1x Sybarite w/Haywire Grenade, Venom

Fast Attack

Scourges
heat lances 120pts

3x Reavers

3x Reavers

Heavy Support

Ravager
3x dark lances 125pts

TOTAL = 977pts

that leaves you with 23 points depending on your preference you could take blasters for reavers, a night shield for the ravager, some blasters on the k-warriors. another unit of mandrakes if you down graded your HQ. I like mandrakes in small untis some don't it depends on you really. but the haywire grenades are way cheaper than the scourges spread out on your units. some times 1 or 2 hits is all you need.

Last edited by sumguy777 on Sat Jan 28 2017, 08:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar   New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2017, 08:28

You can have 6 troops in a single cad.

Op your modified is better than this proposal. I'd still put the medusae in a raider tho.
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

PostSubject: Re: New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar   New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2017, 08:32

opps i feel like a moron i can't believe i was playing it wrong
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar   New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2017, 08:33

Don't be. It's an honest mistake. For the longest time I had the RRD troop count wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar   New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to Warhammer 40K and Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1