THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv

Go down 
+30
hekatrixxy
Rhivan
Vorl-Xoelanth
BetrayTheWorld
Klaivex Charondyr
DEfan
mrmagoo
CptMetal
Calindor
Count Adhemar
Scrz
TeenageAngst
Jimsolo
Painjunky
Vokaze
CurstAlchemist
Draco
Bardicnonsense
keylime314
KaliYuga
Crazy_Irish
Gobsmakked
RedRegicide
Logan Frost
Jehoel
Ynneadwraith
The Strange Dark One
Imateria
Squidmaster
BizarreShowbiz
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv Empty
PostSubject: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 15:54

Hey guys, so the fracture of Biel-Tan Warhammer live on twitch.tv just ended and they dropped quite a bit of information on the campaign book that adresses some of our hopes and concerns on the fate of the Eldar. Obviously spoilers ahead.

Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv Ynnari10

-They expent most of the video talking about the history of the Eldar, focusing on the Fall and the Death Masque Campaign.

-Aeldari is the name given to all Eldar, Craftworld, Dark, Exodite, Corsairs and harlequins alike.

-Eldrad ritual in Death Masque was actually succesfull... in a way. A fragment of Ynnead's consciusness was formed and went to Commorragh of all places, giving new life to a a dying Succubus called... Yvraine. Yvraine is NOT lady Malys confirmed. She is the first prophet of Ynnead.

-Yvraine is a Craftworld Eldar psyker turned Corsair Princess turned Dark Eldar Succubi. She is the latest big attraction of the Wych Cults and the one to "kill" her in single combat is none less than Lelith Hesperax

-No one knows who the Visarch is, but he is respected specially by Dire Avengers and Incubi

-The Avatar of Ynnead is formed by the fractured soul matrix of Biel-Tan (Hence the name Fracture of Biel Tan).

-The Eldar race is fractured once again. Some of them beleive following Ynnead is the way to go. This Eldar call themselves Ynnari and are formed by all kinds of Eldar, specially Dark, Craftworld and Harlequins, others think that Ynnead is too similar to Slaanesh and are not sold on following a soul eating god. (understandable IMO)

-All Eldar will not merge. Craftworld Eldar, Harlequins and Dark Eldar will still be independent and their own factions. Ynnari will be a new eldar faction

-Biggest support to Ynnead in Dark Eldar society are Wych Cults (Yvraine is a Succubi after all) and Incubi, but there are more. Biggest detractors are Haemonculus Covens. They are the true gods of death as far as they're concerned.

-This book has rules to field an Ynnari force. They didnt explicitly say that specific factions wont get formations but doesnt feel like it.

-Ynnari Eldar lose their racial special rules (in our case power from pain, in craftworld's case battle trance, they didnt say what harlequins lose) and gain another one: When an Ynnari unit is destroyed, Ynnari units around it gain special bonuses.

-They explicitly said that units that now are not worth it in competitive play will be worth considering fielding in this supplement. They did mention Hellions as an example, what makes me a happy camper as I have 40 of them.

-They mentioned that Eldrad will have a role to play in this book.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 15:56

Just tio check, I've heard from a friend who watched it (I, regretably, am at work....) who said that Eldar are lsoing Ancient Doom, and we are losing Power From pain, but are getting some other thing instead?
But you say its only the Ynnari ones? Thats a relief.....

http://www.escelionfilms.com
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 16:03

Squidmaster wrote:
Just tio check, I've heard from a friend who watched it (I, regretably, am at work....) who said that Eldar are lsoing Ancient Doom, and we are losing Power From pain, but are getting some other thing instead?
But you say its only the Ynnari ones? Thats a relief.....

Yup. if you are a filthy non beleiver, that is.

I for one embrace our new God and cant wait for Him to bless us with competitive Wyches and Hellions.

Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 16:03

I thought that would happen, Ynnari becoming a new faction, it made the most sense and I already have all the models I need for it! I suspect Wraith units wont be usable either.

I don't trust them on bad units being more usable, that sounds like PR talk rather than actual rules making them better. On the other hand, I can see small squads of Wyches and Hellions running around for the sole purpose of being killed off to buff your other units being a viable tactic, depending on how strong the buffs are.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 16:04

@BizarreShowbiz thanks a lot for the recap!

All in all, I must say everything sounds pretty nice and reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 16:04

Much better summary than I lifted from dakka, and I'm rather happy with how it's turned out Smile added more nuance, not less, and all existing factions are still kicking about Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 16:06

So will there be a whole new eldar faction. Rules, codex, minis etc??

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 16:09

Seems more like a new supplement that will allow you to use existing minis in a novel way.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 16:17

Here's some fun. I beliegve at least one of these, maybe both, are those leaked Formations?

Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv 16174971_10158093934155075_7534359578725010522_n

Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv 16143308_10158093934160075_1727978047541604165_n
Dire Avengers, Wyches AND Incubi!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 16:19

Jehoel wrote:
It looks like a new faction that takes some of the existing Eldar models (not Covens and I'd guess not Wraiths either), removes there faction specific special rules like Power from Pain, Battle Focus and Ancient Doom and gives them all a new one.

Beyond the new campaign supplement and the three characters I wouldn't expect to see a new codex and units, but it is a distinct possibility for the future after they've established this faction in the current campaign.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 16:20

Squidmaster wrote:
Here's some fun. I beliegve at least one of these, maybe both, are those leaked Formations?

Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv 16174971_10158093934155075_7534359578725010522_n

Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv 16143308_10158093934160075_1727978047541604165_n
Dire Avengers, Wyches AND Incubi!
The top one is Ulthwe Black Guardians, who are finally getting their rules back, whilst the bottom pic looks to be the same as that used for the formation we saw yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 16:23

Imateria wrote:
Jehoel wrote:
It looks like a new faction that takes some of the existing Eldar models (not Covens and I'd guess not Wraiths either), removes there faction specific special rules like Power from Pain, Battle Focus and Ancient Doom and gives them all a new one.

Beyond the new campaign supplement and the three characters I wouldn't expect to see a new codex and units, but it is a distinct possibility for the future after they've established this faction in the current campaign.

So long as that's after plastic aspects (Incubi included) I'll be a happy space-elf.

Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 17:07

Well Biel-Tan was my first army so I'm ready for this. I just hope they don't neglect the seperate races. I still want pure DE (not ready for the new name) updates and a new codex.

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 17:14

So no more PFP... meaning no more FnP?
I don't know how I feel about this.

I really hope the new buffs are good enough..
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 17:21

This is great news! I've just committed myself to a custom covrn army, but I'm glad they aren't dissolving us and that there is a United eldar army

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 17:28

BizarreShowbiz wrote:
Hey guys, so the fracture of Biel-Tan Warhammer live on twitch.tv just ended and they dropped quite a bit of information on the campaign book that adresses some of our hopes and concerns on the fate of the Eldar. Obviously spoilers ahead. ...........

Nice summary, thank you very much for sharing it, BizarreShowbiz!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 17:30

Mh, I am not sure I am liking this. Eldar, a dying race, change their tactic from elite army to horde army. The more units you have that can be killed, the more specific units can be buffed.

It sounds like they felt like they wanted to bring the old power from pain rule back, but reversed it, the Aeldari now don't get off of the pain of others suffering but from their own. Sounds a lot like martyrs rule for Sisters of Battle.

I like that they fleshed out more of the Eldar race though. I think a diversion not only between faction but "beliebe" is quite a cool thing and I will want to know more about the story. But as a Lord of the Iron Thorn, on of the old houses of Commorragh, I have no need for these new ways of living. Though you never know....

Want to know more about that Visarch guy....

Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 17:33

Wasn't the Visarch a Klaivex killed, and ressurected by Ynnead?

Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 17:34

That's a good point about the horde army aspect. I see where there going with it, like we get enraged by the deaths of our kin or some kind of soul collector but it is against the grain.

Hellion
KaliYuga

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 17:57

Seems cooler than feared. Anyway,still can't help disliking the fact i have to play craftworlders with those formations (probably).
Don tlike them,nor their fluff.
Back to top Go down
keylime314
Slave
keylime314

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 17:58

Logan Frost wrote:
So no more PFP... meaning no more FnP?
I don't know how I feel about this.

I really hope the new buffs are good enough..

From what I understood, no pfp will only apply to dark elder units taken in the new Ynnead army formations. Same for craftworld units and battle focus in the new faction. Pfp and battle focus will be replaced in the new faction by a new rule buffing your units as you lose them.

It sounded like the Ynnead cult won't be able to take everything from the other eldar factions as well. The stream said that the covens don't like Ynnead, so i imagine covens units are Dark eldar only, so maybe wraith units are still craftworld only.

I'm hoping dark elder get a non-ynnead decurion in this book, and our ork and tyranid comrades in the low tier codexes get something in the next campaign.
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 18:06

Gobsmakked wrote:
Nice summary, thank you very much for sharing it, BizarreShowbiz!

You are very welcome Very Happy

I really wanna know if the supplement will include reedited rules for the Ynnari units or just "This are the units you can take in an Ynnari army, just swap Power from pain/Battle trance with this new cool rule".

Crazy_irish wrote:
Mh, I am not sure I am liking this. Eldar, a dying race, change their tactic from elite army to horde army. The more units you have that can be killed, the more specific units can be buffed.

It obviously depends on how this new "power from death" rule works and what benefit does it give, but I can see it working with big quasi-deathstar type units surrounded by cheap expendable units that if not killed can be problematic, but if killed buff the deathstar even further.

Oh boy I'm so very excited for this.

Bardicnonsense
Slave
Bardicnonsense

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 18:09

As a ferocious and independent pirate Archon, I'm not sure I like the sound of giving up my soul to just some other death god. Fight for Aeldari supremacy? Sure. Bring back the ways of the Old Empire during its supremacy? Never left 'em.

But I'm certainly not going to die because some Craftworlder's uppity infinity circuit grew a face and legs.

Out of character, I think the idea of mechanically trading off racial abilities per faction to bring in a whole fourth dimension is super cool, and really want to see what exciting abilities it brings to the tabletop. Hopefully something on the Genestealer Cult levels of pizzazz.
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 18:32

One thing nobody addressed yet are the relics. Where are the relics and what can they do for us?
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 18:42

Logan Frost wrote:
One thing nobody addressed yet are the relics. Where are the relics and what can they do for us?

PLEASE let a relic be a jet bike.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv   Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fracture of Biel-Tan reveal in Twitch.tv
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next