THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Round and Round in circles... need help!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Round and Round in circles... need help! Empty
PostSubject: Round and Round in circles... need help!   Round and Round in circles... need help! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2011, 13:11

Well i have tried out most of the units in the dark eldar dex now (save hellions... no proxies available!) and am trying to set up a 1750 list for jan/feb next year and the local tourney circuit...

I am aiming for 20 AT weapons in the list.
I want at least 1 unit of Incubi - 2 is prefered... i have 20 and want to use some!
Max 1 ravager... i dislike this model and always have
steer clear of coven models... 1 or 2 haemy would be ok but otherwise pass...

The problem is that i crack 2500 points every time i try to write the damn list!

I prefer assault based forces than shooty so thats a factor as well...

Models i have at present...

Archon (3, 2 unassembled)
Succubus
Haemonculus
10 wyches
5 warriors, 1 blaster, venom
5 warriors, 1 blaster, venom
Razorwing
20 incubi
5 mandrakes
3 razorwing flocks, 1 clawed fiend (need to get the rest of this unit Rolling Eyes )

I know i need to get around 4 raiders plus a ravager and probably another razorwing

Any help much appreciated!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Round and Round in circles... need help!   Round and Round in circles... need help! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 04:50

If I understand correctly - you basically want an Incubi heavy force with 20+ lances at 1750 but don't want to run Ravagers?

That's not going to work. You'll need to change your desires in some manner.

The cheapest lances we can get are on Ravagers.
The Cheapest Blasters are on Trueborn (who compete with Incubi)
1750 is a little tight for 20+ lances already, it's not a surprise that your list goes up into 2500 because you're limiting yourself in how you can get lances, and obligating yourself to take the most expensive ones you can.

Here's my offering;

Hame w. Liquifier (rides with one of the Incubi Squads
5 Incubi in Raider
5 Incubi in Raider
4 Trueborn w. Blasters in Raider
3x 5 Warriors w. Blaster in Raider
3x 5 Warriors w. Blaster in Venom w. 2 S.Cannons
3x 5 Scourges w. 2x Haywire Blasters

Points left over for a few upgrades, like FFs on the Raiders or maybe making the Haem into a PGL packing Archon.
2 Incubi Squads.
14 Lances/Blasters and 6 Haywire Blasters for 20 anti tank weapons.
No Ravagers, if you wanted one I'd switch out a Scourge Squad to make it happen - it'd save points and probably be a better overall tool - though you do need the Haywires to deal with Monoliths/Blessed Hull Landraiders.

It's not really that assaulty - but it gives you 3 of the 4 things you asked for (2x Incubi, no more than one Ravager, 20+ lances, I just drop the ball on the assault request).

I'd personally suggest you build a list you're happy with and then ask people how to make the individual build better - you'll be more likely to end up with something you want to play.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Round and Round in circles... need help!   Round and Round in circles... need help! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16 2011, 05:24

All good points - and what i was worried would happen... hmmm...

Here is my first offering...

Archon, SF, PGL, HWG, Agoniser - 140
Haemonculus, liquifier - 60
5 Incubi, raider, AES - 175
5 Trueborn, 2 dark lances, raider, FF - 190
5 Warriors, blaster, venom s 2 SC - 125
5 Warriors, blaster, venom s 2 SC - 125
5 Warriors, blaster, raider, FF - 130
5 Warriors, blaster, raider, FF - 130
9 Wyches, HWG, hekatrix, agoniser, raider, AES - 203
Razorwing, FF, SC - 165
Razorwing, FF, SC - 165
Ravager, FF - 115

1723 so i have a few points left over. Its a little too shooty for my taste with just 2 assault units but packs 14 dark lances and 4 blasters... plus the HWG on the wyches. Haemy joins the wyches so they actually survive the crash of the raider and the archon obviously joins the incubi. For the price of the wyches i could swap them and the haemy for another incubi unit but i am worried i need the tarpit...

My thoughts on this list... i could swap the 2 DL in the trueborn for 4 blasters for only 10 points then spend another 10 to swap the archon for the duke... and spend the last 7 points on a venom blade for the haemy or some other little thing... shock prow maybe?

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round and Round in circles... need help!   Round and Round in circles... need help! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round and Round in circles... need help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: