THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 ITC khymera spam

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

1500 ITC khymera spam Empty
PostSubject: 1500 ITC khymera spam   1500 ITC khymera spam I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2017, 22:37

TL:dr : 15 khymera, all separate units, 6 groups of kabalites with blasters in skimmers, 3 units of heat lance scourges and 3 medusa in skimmers

The list is focused on countering my meta, dark angels 2+ rerolllable jink, Knights, super friends and scouts, tau and eldar. I only own 4 venoms, 3 raiders and 3 ravagers that can be made into raiders.

Each one is identical, except two sybarites are in the first RRD. One is warlord.

Can counter drop pods by only deploying khymera, and use them to attack units that rely on cover

RRD #1

Medusae in dual splinter cannon venom... 90

Kabalites with blaster in raider with dark lance...115

Beast pack: khymera ... 10

Scourges with 4 heatlances...120

RRD 2

Kabalites with blaster and sybarite with haywire grenade in raider with dark lance...130

Kabalites with blaster and a sybarite with haywire grenades in raider with dark lance...130

RR3

Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 1500 ITC khymera spam   1500 ITC khymera spam I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2017, 23:26

It's an interesting list, although I would consider trading the Heatlances for Haywire blasters. Against AV the Haywires are better but their next to useless against GMC that Tau love so I could see it go either way. I would not rely on using Khymera for attacking units in cover. 15 Khymera are not that strong (14 when you consider overwatch) and they don't have grenades so they'll be attacking last. They only have a 5++ if I believe and like, 3 Str. 4 Attacks on the charge? It's better than nothing I suppose but man I wish we had more competent assault units.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: 1500 ITC khymera spam   1500 ITC khymera spam I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2017, 02:44

Well we have grots (do they attack last in cover?) but the khymera are just to increase MSU and kill a couple scouts

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1500 ITC khymera spam   1500 ITC khymera spam I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2017, 03:28

I ran a similar idea to this (massed msu) and went no vehicles, heavy on the bikes, Beasts, Scourge and Warriors. Was fun to play with and a challange for my opponent as he ran like 5 units total (vs my 50ish) haha. Built it using triple RSR detachment.

Even though you run say 15 squads of 3 Jetbikes, you can still all hit the one target. If Overwatch forces any morale checks then only 1 unit suffers whilst the rest still charge in. You're looking to apply waves of attackers for your opponent to deal with. Food for thought and good luck!

Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: 1500 ITC khymera spam   1500 ITC khymera spam I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2017, 03:29

Thank you! That's great advice

Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 1500 ITC khymera spam   1500 ITC khymera spam I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2017, 07:04

Archons need to stick together it's a big galaxy out there.  Best of luck in the tournament.

And yes, Grotesques do not have grenades so they attack last when charging into cover. If only there were a way to effectively give them grenades, like if an Archon attached to a squad could use some kind of wargear piece ... Crying or Very sad

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 ITC khymera spam   1500 ITC khymera spam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 ITC khymera spam
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-