THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Where do you purchase your products?

Go down 
+24
V'rach
Rip
mot666
Mr Believer
Torpedo Vegas
Azdrubael
Evil Space Elves
lululu_42
abjectus
stinger989
rider
Keravin
Kinnay
Archon
Malte
shadow hunter
Gobsmakked
Saintspirit
Radium
Rangrok1k
Xelkireth
Baron Tordeck
Todo13
Sky Serpent
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Where do you purchase your products? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your products?   Where do you purchase your products? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 14:56

I do a combination of FLGS, ebay, and Hordes o' Bits when I need them. I've ordered from the The War Store in the past with great success, but it really is easier to find something on eBay if I really get the itch for something that my FLGS doesn't have in stock. I recently purchased a HUGE lot of new unpainted and mostly unassembled infantry. 5 Hellions NIB, Talos NIB, Scourges NIB, 40 Kabalites(10 NOS), 30 Wyches (10NOS), 10 metal Incubi, metal Archon, Lylith NIB, 12 Reavers (4 NOS) on eBay for $220USD shipped. All extra bits were included and the models were very lightly glued together (you can pull them apart by hand to repose and glue). I put a bid in for the hell of it and ended up winning. Not bad for a little over $500USD of minis (pretax). Sometimes you get crazy deals like that on huge lots. Buying used stuff one piece at a time-you pay damned near what online retailers charge and a lot of it has crappy paint jobs.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your products?   Where do you purchase your products? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 15:15

Used to buy from Maelstrom , until that got denied by GW.
Now im not , im painting all that i have purchased year before )

If new Special Character will be released then il buy something.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your products?   Where do you purchase your products? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 05:45

I buy either from the Warstore of my LGS. My LGS gives 20% off, so it usually depends on what I need and what is in stock.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your products?   Where do you purchase your products? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 11:11

Dark Sphere are fantastic - the stuff arrives quickly, well packaged, and costs less than anywhere else, including Amazon. I must have saved close to £40 over three purchases. If I'm ever in London, I'll hunt down the store and shake the staff by the hand! I ordered my Wracks from them, then realised on reflection that I probably shouldn't have done, because if they were miscast it would have been a pain sorting them out. Thankfully they were practically perfect (to accidentally quote Mary Poppins). And, until recently, my FLGS had a load of metal minis, including Urien, the Succubus, and the Archon (the only one I stupidly didn't pick up), as he was getting rid of them. Not to make way for Finecast though, he won't stock it because of all the complaints they've had. They're getting better though, so maybe he'll come around!

Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your products?   Where do you purchase your products? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 11:24

The local store G Cubed, the owner was one of the first people i met when i moved here 4yrs ago. The competition(i wont name names), who dosnt even do 40k anymore has been bad mouthing us recently i hear... confused

I am the Master of Darkness, and of the Abyss... I am The Ancient One. Dont make me turn you into a lap dog. I've done it several times before and I wont hesitate to do it again. Seriously! Ironic isnt it? Being accused of necromancy, with a joke inspired by The 'Necronomicon' in my sig?
my project log:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2874-the-kabal-raining-bullets
now with csm:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6430-chaos-space-marines
PM me about commision work.
Back to top Go down
Rip
Hellion
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your products?   Where do you purchase your products? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 18:49

I always go to the stores depending on where I am, despite the fact that I get accosted by staff in nearly every one, and many times I'm just not up for a chat. But in general, I hate waiting for things to arrive in the post.

Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue / Cult of the Thirsting Blade / The Architects of Flesh
Zahr-Tann Craftworld
Sa'cea Sept
Back to top Go down
V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your products?   Where do you purchase your products? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 16:37

I get almost everything from my FLGS but only because i feel really stingy when i get things dead cheap of amazon. Evil or Very Mad

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your products?   Where do you purchase your products? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 23:27

I mainly use GW online, or whichever of the stores is nearest to me at the time (Peterborough, Leicester or Nottingham are most common). I've used amazon when I've had vouchers but recently just tried Gifts for Geeks online. only ordered yesterday so I'm hoping they'll arrive next week sometime.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your products?   Where do you purchase your products? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29 2012, 15:17

I buy Finecast from GW so I can actually open the package and inspect the model before leaving the store.

Other than that I buy almost everything online from Wayland Games, usually saving up some money and buying in bulk when they are doing a Free Shipping offer. I see absolutely no point in buying plastic models direct from GW when I can buy them online for 20% less.

I also use Bitz sites and Ebay occasionally.

DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your products?   Where do you purchase your products? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2013, 19:02

Local store for regular purcases, because its convenient, because I feel I should shop there if I play there and because its not that more expensive if you take into account P&P.

That said, for big purchases, like the 9 venoms and 4 battle forces I have on order, Rocket Hobbies.

Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your products?   Where do you purchase your products? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 11:43

Usually from local stores, or "FLGS" as they seem to be called Smile
Been thinking of moving to online shopping from cheaper sites.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you purchase your products?   Where do you purchase your products? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you purchase your products?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: GW General Discussion
-
Jump to: