THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ShortySL
Slave
ShortySL

Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites? Empty
PostSubject: Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites?   Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 12:28

Hey all, I'm after opinions. I'm looking at eventually building two distinct sub-armies; pure Wych Cult and pure Kabalite. Given that the two commonly work together but are entirely separate entities, what are the opinions on having different paint schemes for each? I ask from the viewpoint of them being on the same tabletop when I'm playing them as combined forces. Would two distinct paint schemes look wrong?
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites?   Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 12:33

I've had this conversation but about a Coven and a Kabal. The tips i got was to have two different main colours and then a common second/third colour- Just so the armies look connected.

Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites?   Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 12:36

No they would not.

Although I must say a coherent force often looks better in my opinion.
This does not mean it has to have the same paint scheme, but make all units with certain things the same.
For instance with my eldar I made all the skinsuits grey, and the armour plates al different colors, this made the aspect warriors look like their own but still clearly made them part of the overal army.

A similar effect can be gained by having a limited and similar palette for details, make jewels, skin color, hair, weapons etc similar and they will look similar even if they look different, and then it can still look nice and coherent on the table.
Back to top Go down
ShortySL
Slave
ShortySL

PostSubject: Re: Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites?   Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 12:45

I was thinking of keeping a consistent spot colour between the two and keeping the hard, plated areas of their respective suits the same colour but this is my first time collecting a force that has such a complex structure to it. Definitely looking forward to tackling the models though!
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites?   Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 12:46

I'm a fan of keeping everything visually connected, but varying the schemes themselves between each faction. Basically, pick colours that are part of the same palette but distinct from each other.

I don't mean to toot my own trumpet, but this mugshot of my HQs demonstrates the idea:

Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites? Stuvkb5javq2ugfsdc0h

Each scheme is distinct for each of the factions, but because they're all variations on the 'browns, reds and gold/bronze metallics' theme they all fit together cohesively (the black of the Corsairs and white of the Harlequins less so, but they fit with each other so hey ho!).

What colours are you thinking and we might be able to come up with something that looks distinct, but cohesive Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
ShortySL
Slave
ShortySL

PostSubject: Re: Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites?   Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 13:07

The potential colour schemes are a little, ahem, fluid at the moment. My current scheme is Wazdakka Red with Leadbelcher plates and Chaos Black weaponry. I wanted to get out of Space Marine comfort zone but it just doesn't work for me. I have a Chaos Black Voidraven and Raider however, that have Lothern Blue highlights, that I definitely prefer but it's tying the scheme into my infantry that's giving me pause.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites?   Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 14:46

Hmmm, so a red undersuit with silver armour for the Kabalites and black weapons?

How about a black undersuit with silver armour for the Wyches (with red hair)? Visually distinct, but would still look unified on the table-top Smile

If you wanted to tie in the Voidraven and Raider you could use the same blue as a spot-colour for things like the drug injectors on the torsos and other little doodads Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
ShortySL
Slave
ShortySL

PostSubject: Re: Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites?   Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 15:42

I do like that idea. The current paint scheme doesn't look (in my opinion) that bad on the Kabalites but it really does bother me on the vehicles and Wyches. I had pulled out a squad of Warriors to begin the big repaint but maybe I'll re-do some Wyches first and see how they look. Cheers Ynneadwraith. If I can figure out how to post pictures on here then I might get some WIP pics up at some point!
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites?   Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 15:44

No probs Smile and yeah I'd love to see some pics!

Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites?   Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 18:07

Its totally OK to field several different Kabals, Covens and Cults together. Multiple Commorite factions frequently join into one raid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites?   Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Different schemes for Wych Cult/Kabalites?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: