THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 points DE and Harlies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

1850 points DE and Harlies Empty
PostSubject: 1850 points DE and Harlies   1850 points DE and Harlies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 12:30

Good afternoon all!

I have recently gotten back in to 40k having taken a bit of time out for a couple of years, and have got my hands on some DE bits and some Harlequin bits. A friend of mine and I have started a bit of a revival amongst our friendship group and everyone is collecting new armies with the aim of writing a competitive 1850 point list so that at some point we can take these to a tournament. For now my main opponents will be Craftworld Eldar, so here is my first attempt at an 1850 list. What do you guys think?

Cegorach’s Jest formation
(206 points) Troupe, 9 players, 1 troupe master (warlord), 3 embrace, 2 caress, starmist raiment, haywire grenades
(120 points) Skyweavers, 2 zephyrglaves
(75 points) Voidweaver

The Heroe’s Path formation
(105) Shadowseer, level 2, haywire grenades, cegorach’s rose
(80) Death Jester, haywire grenades, mask of secrets
(145) Solitaire

Cast of players
(60) Death Jester
(181 points) Troupe, 9 players, 1 troupe master, 3 embrace, 2 caress, haywire grenades
(90) Shadowseer, level 2, haywire grenades

Grotesquerie (Covens)
(170 points) 3 Grotesques, 3 Liquifier guns, Abberation, scissor hand
(170 points) 3 Grotesques, 3 Liquifier guns, Abberation, scissor hand
(130 points) Haomonculus, Webway portal, scissor hand, liquefier gun

Unbound
(83 points) 3 reavers, arena champion, heat lance, cluster caltrops
(83 points) 3 reavers, arena champion, heat lance, cluster caltrops
(125 points) 10 Hellions

The aim is to hug cover and foot slog up the board as fast as possible to try and get into combat ASAP whilst the reavers deal wth any tanks (hellions as meat shield).

Please let me know what you think and bear in mind I am new to these armies!
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points DE and Harlies   1850 points DE and Harlies I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 10:12

Any thoughts???
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points DE and Harlies   1850 points DE and Harlies I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 11:31

OK, I am not nearly experienced enough to offer any real advice.

But some random words.
I think Liquifiers are very expensive and not that good, although the shear amount of them can pose a real threat. While reavers are quite nice against tanks the heat lances have a minor problem, their short range and only 1 shot is a bit random to rely on to kill tanks, ad to that the bad defense of the reavers (which often leads to jinking) and the 1 shot especially from such a small squad will often be snap fire. The cluster caltrops are nice, but again 1 is often not such a secure way to get to a tank. Now I am not saying they are bad at it, just that they probably need something else to soften it up first. I don't know anything about the harlequins so they might cover some of that, I do not know.

Also I always thought you either go for an unbound army or for formations, I have never seen anyone combine both in 1 army.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points DE and Harlies   1850 points DE and Harlies I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 15:39

Thanks for your thoughts Meavar,

As I said, I have had a bit of a break from 40k over recent years so I'm not entirely sure if taking formations/unvbound is legal. does anyone knwo if this can be done?

My theory with the liquifers is like you said, just to put loads of them on the table and I will be able to get one salvo off at least thanks to the webway portal!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 points DE and Harlies   1850 points DE and Harlies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 points DE and Harlies
Page 1 of 1