THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Jinking kymera

Go down 
+2
Ynneadwraith
sumguy777
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

Jinking kymera  Empty
PostSubject: Jinking kymera    Jinking kymera  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 10:42

So if you add an independent character on a eldar jet bike to a beast pack of kymera they gain the jink special rule? i believe this is correct it also changes there unit type to eldar jet bikes does that mean they can flat out? do they have hammer of wrath then? and do they also count as beasts then too from charging into difficult terrain? do they get the 2d6 move then as well in the assault phase for eldar jet bikes?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

Jinking kymera  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking kymera    Jinking kymera  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 11:15

Not absolutely sure, but I don't think it works that way.

The jetbike dude can jink/turbo-boost/assault-move but the rest of the unit can't.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Jinking kymera  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking kymera    Jinking kymera  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 12:03

sumguy777 wrote:
if you add an independent character on a eldar jet bike to a beast pack of kymera they gain the jink special rule?

No.

Quote :
it also changes there unit type to eldar jet bikes

No it doesn't

Quote :
does that mean they can flat out? do they have hammer of wrath then?

No

Quote :
do they also count as beasts then too from charging into difficult terrain?

They are still Beasts so are not slowed by difficult terrain (even when charging) and automatically pass Dangerous Terrain tests

Quote :
do they get the 2d6 move then as well in the assault phase for eldar jet bikes?

No

Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

Jinking kymera  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking kymera    Jinking kymera  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 18:26

I asked this because on battle scribe it said that it did change the unit type. page 153 of the craftworld book apparently although i dont have an eldar codex can someone help me out?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Jinking kymera  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking kymera    Jinking kymera  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 18:52

It doesn't. Battlescribe is wrong.

I highly recommend getting a codex before you play.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

Jinking kymera  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking kymera    Jinking kymera  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 21:51

153 is almost definitely the page for the Autarch or Farseer you're trying to enter. Checking my digital copy merely put me to a fluff page about nightspinners. On the aforementioned pages though It does say that THEY meaning the Autarch or Farseer may be upgraded to having a cloud dancer jetbike, if you do this then their unit type, meaning the IC's, becomes Eldar Jetbike. No where, and the BRB explicitly says you don't, does it give you permission to change a separate units unit type en masse by simply including an IC with the unit.

I highly recommend reading the BRB before you buy a codex.
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

Jinking kymera  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking kymera    Jinking kymera  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 04:26

amorrowlyday wrote:
On the aforementioned pages though It does say that THEY meaning the Autarch or Farseer may be upgraded to having a cloud dancer jetbike, if you do this then their unit type, meaning the IC's, becomes Eldar Jetbike.

I highly recommend reading the BRB before you buy a codex.

thats what i wasn't sure of the they part? i was unsure if it did affect it. i have read the brb but if there is a discrepancy you need too go by the codex. That is why i wanted to know what it said and the page number.

as for the codex i will prolly never read the whole thing from start to finish i look up the sections that are relivant to the situation i couldn't find the anywhere in the rule book about IC joining so i must have missed it.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

Jinking kymera  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking kymera    Jinking kymera  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 07:07

Well you should. And not only once. :-) Well-meant advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jinking kymera  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking kymera    Jinking kymera  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jinking kymera
Page 1 of 1