THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

help wanted. downsizing and updating to 7th

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vathek
Hellion
Vathek

help wanted. downsizing and updating to 7th Empty
PostSubject: help wanted. downsizing and updating to 7th   help wanted. downsizing and updating to 7th I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 19:41

Hi. I've been a de player off and on since they first appeared. I've got a sizeable army however it's only really been used for apocalypse sized games and has been using outdated rulesets. seems like I Just bought 6th Ed codex. Smile
I'm now gaming more regularly and at a much lower points level than usual. Also using the current codex and rules.
My collection is
40 kaballites
20 wyches
10 incubi
Archon
Succubus
Heamonculus
20 scourges
10 Hellion
4 venoms
6 raiders
2 ravagers
3 jet fighters
2 bombers
5 talos
6 jetbikes
2 titans
Any advice on slimming this down to 1500 points of modern murder?
Hanks for any help you can offer. Smile
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: help wanted. downsizing and updating to 7th   help wanted. downsizing and updating to 7th I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 19:55

I'd run a Combined arms detachment with:
4 x 5 kabalites in venoms = 420
3 x 5 scourges with heat lances or haywire blasters = 360
Then I'd consider corpsetheif claw, which is 5 talos in a unit, coven formation. The jet bikes are good, so maybe take a team of scourges out for them.

Probably run a lhamean or medusa as an HQ to save points
Incubi can be good, but that's controversial

Edit: with ynnead coming out, you might be able to use less efficient units more viably.

Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: help wanted. downsizing and updating to 7th   help wanted. downsizing and updating to 7th I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 23:17

I would not sell any of your models as you never know when a unit that was formerly garbage is going to be good again. There has been a whisper or two about a new Dark Eldar codex sometime in the mid future and we can't know what it will hold for us. You're not going to be able to sell garbage units and make much money because they're undesirable atm. Just my $0.02.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Vathek
Hellion
Vathek

PostSubject: Re: help wanted. downsizing and updating to 7th   help wanted. downsizing and updating to 7th I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2017, 14:59

Sorry downsizing as in choosing a smaller army. Not selling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help wanted. downsizing and updating to 7th   help wanted. downsizing and updating to 7th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help wanted. downsizing and updating to 7th
Page 1 of 1