THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions

Go down 
+35
doriii
Barrywise
Draco
SCP Yeeman
Skulnbonz
lessthanjeff
The Red King
killedbydeath
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
ShamPow1999
Azdrubael
PFI
Hellstrom
Painjunky
Vathek
sumguy777
HokutoAndy
amishprn86
der-al
FunkyGroove
aurynn
Logan Frost
Myrvn
Ynneadwraith
Mononcule
wormfromhell
Massaen
|Meavar
Crazy_Irish
Jimsolo
amorrowlyday
TeenageAngst
fisheyes
BetrayTheWorld
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26 2017, 03:19

I had the chance to run Ynnari today in an Adepticon style doubles tournament. My friend ran 1000 points of Sternguard and I had 1000 points of Ynnari in the Adepticon detachment: 2 units of 3 scatbikes, 1 unit of 8 scatbikes, a shadowseer L2 with the mask, a jetseer with a spear, a d-cannon wraithknight, and a unit of spiders.

Holy Jesus is this OP. Spiders would deep strike, shoot something, kill it, and shoot something again. Knight would have dudes orbiting it, dudes would die, and then the Wraithknight would shoot 2 D-cannons. 8 Scatbikes with Veil couldn't be shot and with Guide were throwing 32 S6 shots rerolling to hit. And I could daisy chain the enormous bike unit to be near their first target when they flew on, so they could shoot again in the same phase, thus giving them 64 S6 shots rerolling to hit. It was criminal.

Were it not for the fact I only had 1000 points and limited slots I would have destroyed people. As it was, the Sternguard and my own playstyle were very reserves heavy and we had a hard time coming on with our full strength, so we lost to wyvern spam and heavy IG. 2000 points of this with full Aspect Hosts and additional scatbike blobs however, and even an 1850 ITC list running this will just plow through anything they can touch.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26 2017, 03:32

TeenageAngst wrote:
@Jimsolo Betray can say whatever he wants to me idc

Ditto. We aren't that sensitive, so we can talk to each other without hitting the butthurt button. Cool

TeenageAngst wrote:
even an 1850 ITC list running this will just plow through anything they can touch.

Yeah, the Ynnari seem pretty good. Rules interpretations are going to play big into exactly how good. Ynnari d-cannon wraithknights are going to be nasty.

It's sort of a shame that pre-existing units used in an Ynnari army are generally better than the brand new Ynnari-specific units. I just can't see Yvraine, The Visarch, or the Yncarne as being all that impressive.

That opinion might change if we get an FAQ making melee work better with soulburst.

Last edited by BetrayTheWorld on Sun Feb 26 2017, 03:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26 2017, 03:48

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
TeenageAngst wrote:
@Jimsolo Betray can say whatever he wants to me idc

Ditto. We aren't that sensitive, so we can talk to each other without hitting the butthurt button. Cool

TeenageAngst wrote:
even an 1850 ITC list running this will just plow through anything they can touch.

Yeah, the Ynnari seem pretty good. Rules interpretations are going to play big into exactly how good. Ynnari d-cannon wraithknights are going to be nasty.

It's sort of a shame that pre-existing units used in an Ynnari army are generally better than the brand new Ynnari-specific units. I just can't see Yvraine, The Visarch, or the Yncarne as being all that impressive.

That opinion might change if we get an FAQ making melee work better with soulburst.

Even if you dont let charging after vehicle dies, or other many highly detail scenarios, just getting to shoot, or turboboost then shoot, Trubo boost in the psychic phase to nova, move 2x + charge etc..

Its extremely strong, my game so far I was able to turn 1 charge with my melee WK. (He played IG but he took a tank with a Battle cannon and was getting Ignore cover I think from psychic, he was trying to play to kill Scatterbikes) But Being able to charge that (or Wyverns or w.e) turn 1 is just silly, 12" starting line, 24" movement 7" charge, 41" movement, you have to play Long table (Hammer and Anvil? to stand a chance).

Having 2 shooting phases with Mass S6 is so godly. Im looking at playing Wraithlords now honestly, T8 move 2x or give it EML (Costly now tho).
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26 2017, 03:58

Oh, gross! You just made me think of a ridiculous use of soulburst.

Take a seer council from a reborn warhost with gate of infinity. Take a culexis assassin. Start your psychic phase with the council outside of the assassin's bubble so that they generate warp charge points. Gate of infinity to be within his bubble. Fire his psyker gun while they're in his bubble, generating like ~13 BS8 S5 AP1 attacks, kill unit, soulburst to move your council out of anti-psyker bubble, and get to use all your powers as normal, despite also powering up a culexis assassin's psyker gun thingy.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26 2017, 04:08

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Oh, gross! You just made me think of a ridiculous use of soulburst.

Take a seer council from a reborn warhost with gate of infinity. Take a culexis assassin. Start your psychic phase with the council outside of the assassin's bubble so that they generate warp charge points. Gate of infinity to be within his bubble. Fire his psyker gun while they're in his bubble, generating like ~13 BS8 S5 AP1 attacks, kill unit, soulburst to move your council out of anti-psyker bubble, and get to use all your powers as normal, despite also powering up a culexis assassin's psyker gun thingy.

OMG lol XD This is so fun sounding.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26 2017, 09:37

@betray you evil evil person! That would be hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26 2017, 10:23

Its got a lot of if's and rough spots but I will have to try this for sure!
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2017, 00:19

So just read this.

Many players are on the side of "Locked in combat till end of phase" so you can not dbl charge, but that means you are allowed to "Hit and run" as it is worded "while Locked in combat". This will get you out of combat with no models.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions   Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari Tactics - Initial impressions
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13