THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Solo DE Codex

Go down 
+2
Anarchistscourge
Ch_ckleb_nny
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ch_ckleb_nny
Slave
Ch_ckleb_nny

1500 Solo DE Codex Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Solo DE Codex   1500 Solo DE Codex I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 08:17

++ DE Realspace Raiders Detachment (1497pts/1500pts) ++

+ HQ (175pts) +
········Archon (175pts) [Clone field (20pts), Huskblade (25pts), The Parasite's Kiss (5pts)]
············Venom (65pts) [x2 Splinter Cannon]

+ Elites (540pts) +
········Grotesques (180pts)
············Raider (75pts) [Disintegrator cannon, Enhanced Aethersails, Night Shields ]
········Kabalite Trueborn (180pts) [x4 Blaster]
········Kabalite Trueborn (180pts) [x4 Blaster]

+ Troops (370pts) +
········Kabalite Warriors (185pts) [x10, Splinter Cannon]
············Raider (90pts) [Dark Lance, Night Shields, Splinter Racks]
········Kabalite Warriors (185pts) [x10, Splinter Cannon]
············Raider (90pts) [Dark Lance, Night Shields, Splinter Racks]

+ Fast Attack (412pts) +
········Reavers (146pts) [2x Cluster caltrops, x2 Heat Lance]
········Reavers (146pts) [2x Cluster caltrops, x2 Heat Lance]
········Scourges (120pts) [x4 Haywire]

Sooooo, what do you guys think? Is it strong? Average? Clearly Flawed? How would you change it, or reinforce whatever is already strong within it? Please let me know, I need some input.
Back to top Go down
Anarchistscourge
Kabalite Warrior
Anarchistscourge

1500 Solo DE Codex Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Solo DE Codex   1500 Solo DE Codex I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 22:45

I'd personally have a Succubus instead of them Archon to go with the grots. I'd also drop the Raiders and put the Kabalite into 5 man squads in venoms. Probably get 3 squads for the price of 2 Raider groups and you'll have more Splinter cannons.

Kabalite Warrior
Anarchistscourge

1500 Solo DE Codex Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Solo DE Codex   1500 Solo DE Codex I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 22:48

Also if you can find about 20 more points you could also add in a ravager

Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

1500 Solo DE Codex Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Solo DE Codex   1500 Solo DE Codex I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 22:54

As anarchist scourge suggest venom are generally better than raiders because they have a lot of fire power, but this after all is a choice of taste.

The archon instead is clearly a not optimal choice, and huskblade is even worse. My advice, if you want grotesque and then you need a baby sitter for them, is to ally a small detachments from the covens book. Grotesques are a LOT better there, even without having a grotesquerie.

A part from this the list is pretty solid, standard DE spam list.

amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

1500 Solo DE Codex Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Solo DE Codex   1500 Solo DE Codex I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 23:21

Nah. Grotesques from the main codex are fine so long as the babysitter gives them some modicum of utility boost. Corsair characters for instance make them better by giving them shimmershields giving those T5 bodyguards a 5++. A succubus makes Grotesques better by granting them AP2. People love the Succubus/incubi gag but it's just poorly thought out. You don't put an IC with AP2 in a squad whose only value is AP2. A succubus gives grotesques a much needed boost in the anti-TEQ region. This archon has absolutely nothing going for it and provides no utility that the grotesques don't already have. None of the Archons builds do really. Shadowfield makes the archon interesting at tanking wounds which Grotesques don't need, haywire grenades can be taken by a succubus, and a wwp can be taken by any of the non-named IC hq choices.
Back to top Go down
Ch_ckleb_nny
Slave
Ch_ckleb_nny

1500 Solo DE Codex Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Solo DE Codex   1500 Solo DE Codex I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 01:43

Is there any merit to 3+ jinking/splinter rack raider gunboats? It seems like they are more survivable and put out more damage than 3 venoms with 5 each. Also they provide anti tank/TEQ with dark lances. Seems like more of a multi threat. Although, I guess the rest of the list makes up for the anti-tank with blasters/lances/haywire so maybe more venoms is better? What do you all think? Small venoms > raider gunboats for anti-infantry or naw.
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

1500 Solo DE Codex Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Solo DE Codex   1500 Solo DE Codex I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 07:33

Also, you are using the RSR detachment but only 3 fast attack slots. Generally a CAD would be better to get objective secured for your troops.

Alternatively you could stick with the RSR but split the 6 man units of reavers to 4 x 3 man units. This would force your opponent to dedicate more units of their own to killing them. You can still gang up with them on your selected targets. This multiple small units gives you redundancy and forces your opponent to waste his shooting by "overkilling" your units. For example, if your opponent shoots at a unit of 6 reavers with weaponry that will on average kill all 6 they are getting good value out of that shooting action. If they have to do the same against a unit of 3 reavers then they are only getting 50% value and you will still have another unit of 3 reavers left.

Hellion

1500 Solo DE Codex Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Solo DE Codex   1500 Solo DE Codex I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 15:40

I like it!

I've never had success with BlasterBorn and to be perfectly honest, don't think they make that much sense. For ~120 points you get 4 Blasters which is great. However, even in a Venom, it's hard to keep them within 18" of a tank as your transport starts receiving more fire; once that is gone it's lights out for the unit inside.

If you wanted to make it stronger I guess I'd suggest taking both of those squads out in favor of another squad of Scourges, Reavers, or the addition of a Ravager has suggested. Taking off nightshields on the Raiders, in addition to the previous point reduction, gives you enough to obtain a Razorwing Jetfighter for enemy fliers and possible bunched up infantry. If you still wanted to have some venoms, you could replace the gunboats with venom squads.

Personally I like your list better because making the changes I suggest make for a super spammy and not that fun to playb( at least for me) list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1500 Solo DE Codex Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Solo DE Codex   1500 Solo DE Codex I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Solo DE Codex
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-