THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wraithguard Reborn

Go down 
+4
Myrvn
sumguy777
BetrayTheWorld
Speed Racer 42
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Speed Racer 42
Hellion
Speed Racer 42

Wraithguard Reborn Empty
PostSubject: Wraithguard Reborn   Wraithguard Reborn I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 15:51

Hello all. Was reading the new gathering storm 2 and thinking about ways to use the new Ynnari rules when I came up with an idea that I wanted options on and make sure this works the way I think.

So the idea is to run a 5 man Wraithguard w/ dscythes in a raider with night shields. Deep strike the raider and then disembark the Wraithguard so they form a line so all 5 can fire with no issues. Then after they kill the unit you shoot them at (good chance with that flame D) have them use the soulburst to embark back into the raider. Now use the raiders flat out to move where more flames of death are needed. Jink with nightshield to keep Wraithguard alive as long as possible.

Let me know any thoughts. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Wraithguard Reborn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard Reborn   Wraithguard Reborn I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 16:00

I don't think you can embark with the movement granted by a soulburst action, since embarking is expressly done in the movement phase.

That said, your idea could work to have them kill one unit with D-scythes, then soulburst to fire in a different direction at another unit within range.
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

Wraithguard Reborn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard Reborn   Wraithguard Reborn I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 16:08

why do they need to ever leave the raider? keep em on and do a ton of destruction
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Wraithguard Reborn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard Reborn   Wraithguard Reborn I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 16:11

They scatter in the absence of a WWP, so leaving the raider allows them to mitigate scatter distance in order to attain the best positioning, and allows you to place the raider for deepstriking safely rather than trying risky deep strikes for ideal positioning.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

Wraithguard Reborn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard Reborn   Wraithguard Reborn I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 17:30

Use a WWP and land between two units. Flame the smaller one first and if you destroy it get the second...
Back to top Go down
Speed Racer 42
Hellion
Speed Racer 42

Wraithguard Reborn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard Reborn   Wraithguard Reborn I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 17:42

The other thing on staying in the transport not sure the unit can use a soulburst. The unit is a separate unit in the transport but while embarked in transport can they use soulburst? I can see both sides of argument on this
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

Wraithguard Reborn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard Reborn   Wraithguard Reborn I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 17:44

Speed Racer 42 wrote:
The other thing on staying in the transport not sure the unit can use a soulburst.  The unit is a separate unit in the transport but while embarked in transport can they use soulburst?  I can see both sides of argument on this

Yeah this is a reeeeeally key point that screams FAQ.

If they can use souldburst inside the transport they should just stay in the transport waiting someone to destroy it to shoot back IMHO

aurynn
Incubi

Wraithguard Reborn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard Reborn   Wraithguard Reborn I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 18:21

They are not on board while in the raider. I think we had a similar issue some time ago regarding selecting embarked units with a result being a "no, you cant select an unit embarked on a transport".
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Wraithguard Reborn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard Reborn   Wraithguard Reborn I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 18:39

The soul burst rule has no ruling saying it works in a transport - so you have to disembark for it to activate

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

Wraithguard Reborn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard Reborn   Wraithguard Reborn I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 19:15

I concur with Massaen and pile on with the FAQ that you may not measure distances for embarked passengers except to fire weapons or witchfires. You can't be within 7" of something if you don't have a distance for measurement purposes for that thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wraithguard Reborn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wraithguard Reborn   Wraithguard Reborn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wraithguard Reborn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-