THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs

Go down 
+6
amorrowlyday
CptMetal
BetrayTheWorld
Myrvn
Jimsolo
Cavash
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs Empty
PostSubject: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 15:42

Seeing as Ynari are their own Eldar faction I suggest adding their name to the description of the eldar factions in the mercenaries/allies forum
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 15:47

The Ynnari are a little different, though. They aren't actually a different group, they're more an overlapping group.

Would it be more appropriate to give Ynnari discussions a separate sub-forum? Or to just let them be discussed alongside normal Dark Eldar?
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 16:36

But they arent DEldar. Sure, they overlap, but they have their own special rules and formations. I am not talking about giving them a subforum. I mean adding them to a currently existing one used for discussion of Eldar that arent DE, for clarrification.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 16:41

Except that some of them are DEldar, though. That's why I'm not sure relegating them to the dustbin of the less-used section of the forums is the right place for them.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 17:54

If 8th really is coming out this summer would it be worth waiting to see what happens by August? Gathering Storm was confirmed as a trilogy, so I suspect something else is coming in the next six months.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 18:58

Can we just stop separating CWE, Harleys, Corsairs, Ynnari, and DE, and just be able to discuss tactics associated with all of them under the appropriate thread titles of Tactics, Army Lists, etc?

I find the distinction to be mostly unnecessary and burdensome at this point.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 19:49

But but... This is the dark city. Otherwise this forum would be called "the Web way"...
No offense...
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 20:49

Maybe it should be. There was a time when it made perfect sense for a website to be solely dedicated to DE stuff. That isn't really the case any more, because DE have become so closely related with all other eldar factions, at least from a gameplay perspective.

Separating them in the fluff is fine, but it isn't realistic in a gaming meta where you will rarely see them without allies, so enforcing a rule to try to separate DE tactics from Other Eldar's tactics is a misnomer. They're the same thing, by and large. Other eldar are almost like salt at this point. It's in everything, it's just a matter of degrees, and how much salt you want in your stew.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 21:33

I concur. at the very least with Jimsolo and more broadly perhaps with Betray.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 05:11

The overbearing presence of Ynnari lists and suggestions has me thinking this should be segregated in its own forum. I came here to discuss DE, not bleat "scatbikes and spiders" like I'm in the competitive group or something.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 05:14

Then it should be a top level one of the same degree as tactics. It does not belong in the Harley/CWE/corsairs sub. It is bigger and more relevant to contemporary DE identity both from a fluff and list building perspective than that.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 05:26

I disagree but then again I refer to the Ynnari as cancer so IMO it's merely metastasized unchecked.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 05:46

How about this? Why not change the tactica section to a GENERAL tactica section in which ALL things tactica are welcome to be discussed, and for those who want a PURE DE experience, have a separate, specific DE-Only tactica area, sort of like the mercenary section now, where "Pure DE Only" can be enforced.

From a gameplay perspective, this makes more sense than to try to have 4-5 sections dedicated solely to DE when very few competitive players play pure DE anyhow. I think, were we to do that, we'd find that the pure DE players STILL used the general tactica section instead of the DE-only section, which would confirm my suspicion that, by and large, players who care about tactics don't really care that much on whether or not it's pure DE tactics.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 05:53

We already have a "pure-DE" tactica and it's in dire need of chemotherapy. That's what this topic is about.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 05:53

Exactly so instead of a cancer let's make it a baby.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 05:55

Edit: Sorry that joke was tasteless. Reminds me of something my ex-wife would say.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 09:26

Well we're in agreement that we should get rid of the cancer. The problem is identifying the cancer, it seems. A minority of people complain about getting non-DE crumbs in their DE cereal.

I think the complaints are the cancer. You think it's the crumbs. But the crumbs aren't going anywhere.

The thing is, eliminating the complaints is easy. You do so by eliminating entitlement. Right now a minority of people feel entitled to tell other people they shouldn't post non-DE stuff in the tactics sections, army lists sections, etc because this website is still set up the same way that it was in 5th edition, when we didn't have access to allies at all. I think it's probably time to just get rid of the "allies & mercenaries" section altogether, and just let us discuss our tactics in the tactics section, and army lists in the army lists section.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 09:41

I've raised this with the powers that be and will see what the general consensus is - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 17:21

Quote :
Well we're in agreement that we should get rid of the cancer. The problem is identifying the cancer, it seems. A minority of people complain about getting non-DE crumbs in their DE cereal.

I think the complaints are the cancer. You think it's the crumbs. But the crumbs aren't going anywhere.

The thing is, eliminating the complaints is easy. You do so by eliminating entitlement. Right now a minority of people feel entitled to tell other people they shouldn't post non-DE stuff in the tactics sections, army lists sections, etc because this website is still set up the same way that it was in 5th edition, when we didn't have access to allies at all. I think it's probably time to just get rid of the "allies & mercenaries" section altogether, and just let us discuss our tactics in the tactics section, and army lists in the army lists section.

Simply changing the forum layout isn't going to change the opinions of people who came here to discuss DE stuff. Ynnari will still be cancer, they just are. They have a terribly written book and their rules are mind-numbingly broken. And encouraging the use of other armies in our everyday tactics just takes away from the novelty of the forum. As I said, if I wanted generic competitive advice I have much more active websites I could post on. If I wanted in-depth cutting edge meta and tactical advice from people who've been playing competitively for years I have that too. I come here because it's full of the crazy foxes like myself who actually run this army and are good with it. I ain't even saying people can't discuss what they wanna discuss, we have forums for that. Just don't get your marbles in my oatmeal.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 17:35

I'm in favor of multiple sections, more for making the forum open and more easy to navigate for everyone.

I know it can be annoying to sift through multitudes of Ynnari tactics to find a crumb of pure DE can be irritating. Likewise, sifting through mounds of emo space elves for the best use for Warp Spiders is equally irritating. Separating factions allows for everyone to find exactly what they're looking for more easily.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitimeThu May 18 2017, 00:19

At this point, we will hold off on any changes and wait for 8th edition to appear. That should gives us a clearer picture of where and how to divide the factions, and what to call them.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs   Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adding Ynari to the Craftworld, Harlequins, Corsairs
Page 1 of 1