THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

question about points in WHFB 8th edition

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

question about points in WHFB 8th edition Empty
PostSubject: question about points in WHFB 8th edition   question about points in WHFB 8th edition I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 23:15

Im starting WHFB since I really like the terrorgheist model and vamp counts were my first army in WHFB a while ago. I havent picked up the rulebook yet but I do know that they are broken into percentages now. Is it 25% for every section? thanks in advance

Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: question about points in WHFB 8th edition   question about points in WHFB 8th edition I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 23:34

In Fantasy this is how it breaks down for point lists:-

Lords: Up to 25%

Heroes: See Lords

Core: At least 25%

Special: Up to 50%

Rare: See Lords

Hope this helps, and the Terrorgheist is a pretty cool model =]

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

question about points in WHFB 8th edition Hiddenlibrary2nd-1
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: question about points in WHFB 8th edition   question about points in WHFB 8th edition I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 13:07

You are also limited to no more than 3 of the same special/rare choice in games of less than 3000pts. Once you hit 3000pts or more that doubles.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: question about points in WHFB 8th edition   question about points in WHFB 8th edition I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18 2011, 14:54

Thank you both of you for clearing it up. I put the building of a vamp count army on hold as ive been told by a friend and the interwebs that they are getting a new codex in january. Its a good thing thou since the whole random power dice thing can really really hurt them for summoning which is the only survivability they have. Im guesing they are going to get a bunch of skills or items that allow then to generate more power dice or items that are something like +4 to casting summoning spells. A turn where you only get 4 dice for casting is a game ending turn for vamps.

Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: question about points in WHFB 8th edition   question about points in WHFB 8th edition I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19 2011, 23:17

I joined a vamp counts forum today to see what ppl are doing with them these days and nobody on that forum cares to help a returning player. So i have come to the friendly ppl here to ask a question. Now as I understand it your allowed 25% for lords and heros. So in 2000 pts thats 500pts. Now one of the lists I saw was this and nobody told them he was wrong. He has his 500pts of lords and heros just in his lord so how does he fit the vampires and the necromancer which are all hero choices. Now I know the terrorgheist is a rare choice so does it use rare points instead of using up his lord and hero points even if its a mount? but if that was true he wouldnt be able to run the 2 terrogheists as rare choices since thats 500pts. Im so confused

Vampire lord; Terrorgheist, Avatar of Death (Hand Weapon, Shield) (500)

Vampire; BSB, Ethereal (175)

Necromancer; IoN, VDH, (70)

Necromancer; IoN, VDH, Dispel Scroll, (95)
40 Crypt Ghouls; Ghast (328)

40 crypt Ghouls; Ghast (328)

Terrorgheist; Infested, Rancid Maw (250)

Terrorgheist; Infested, Rancid Maw (250)

Total 1996 points

Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: question about points in WHFB 8th edition   question about points in WHFB 8th edition I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20 2011, 13:35

Heroes and Lords allowance is separate, so in your example you can have 500pts of Lords AND 500pts of Heroes and the mount options use the Lords allowance of points. TBH I don't like the list, you have a huge number of points in the monsters and your BSB cannot go into any of your units due to being Ethereal. Better to drop on of the Terrorgheists and get a unit of Wraiths with Tomb Banshee but you'd also be better putting the BSB in a unit of Tomb Guard with the regen banner. If doing this you'd want more characters to try and get the BSB into the second rank.

For Vamps you don't need to start with large units other than Grave Guard. I'd drop the Ghouls down to 20, get a Vamp power to raise them beyond their starting level. You can then keep enlarging the Ghouls as needed.

I'm not a VC player though, I only play against them. Anything with poison will really hurt the big monsters due to the auto-wounds.

You've got a lot of point tied up in not a lot of units.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: question about points in WHFB 8th edition   question about points in WHFB 8th edition I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20 2011, 14:43

I agree entirely this isnt my list it was just one i saw on the interwebs and it confused me a bit since it didnt look right as far as points go.

Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: question about points in WHFB 8th edition   question about points in WHFB 8th edition I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20 2011, 22:10

Its definitely an unusual list, and usually when I see Vampire lists (from Warseer at least) it generally goes horde-o Grave Guard, Core minium being filled with units of 40 Ghouls (though there are a lot of people who like the skeletons), Wight King BSBs, the Rare Vampire Beast thing and usually Heavy-Magey Vampire Lords with Forbidden Lord and Master of the Dark Arts at least.

From the list itself it just seems to be how many Terrorgheists can you fit in the party, and to be honest not that well either, as the Terrorgheist isn't a Vampire so you can't just go all over the place with the Rare slotted ones. Also, like Urien said making the BSB Ethereal is really stupid and will easily break =/

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

question about points in WHFB 8th edition Hiddenlibrary2nd-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about points in WHFB 8th edition   question about points in WHFB 8th edition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question about points in WHFB 8th edition
Page 1 of 1