THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Overwatch for passengers on a skimmer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
English malice
Slave
English malice

Overwatch for passengers on a skimmer Empty
PostSubject: Overwatch for passengers on a skimmer   Overwatch for passengers on a skimmer I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2017, 12:24

This came up in a game last weekend and the decided outcome of a game I was playing. Short version is can a passenger unit on a raider fire overwatch if the raider is charged?

I was playing vs tyrannids and my raider was charged by genestealers. I said I would overwatch my Kabalite passengers and watched as thanks to splinter racks rerolls they decimated the incoming charge. The nid player than said as the charge was against the raider and not against the passengers, they couldn't overwatch. Now this doesn't seem logical but as I have found out, the rules rarely are. So can someone tidy this up for me and even better yet guide me to a source I can use if challenged? I did check through prior answers in the forum but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch for passengers on a skimmer   Overwatch for passengers on a skimmer I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2017, 12:26

English malice wrote:
This came up in a game last weekend and the decided outcome of a game I was playing. Short version is can a passenger unit on a raider fire overwatch if the raider is charged?

And the short answer is YES.

The Rulebook wrote:
TRANSPORTS AND ASSAULTS
If a Transport vehicle is assaulted, an embarked unit can fire Overwatch at the attackers out of its Fire Points

English malice
Slave
English malice

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch for passengers on a skimmer   Overwatch for passengers on a skimmer I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2017, 12:31

That is great thank you. I have no doubt he will now argue the skimmer has no fire points so th rule doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch for passengers on a skimmer   Overwatch for passengers on a skimmer I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2017, 12:39

The Rulebook wrote:
all passengers in an Open-topped Transport can fire, measuring range and line of sight from any point on the hull of the vehicle.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch for passengers on a skimmer   Overwatch for passengers on a skimmer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overwatch for passengers on a skimmer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: