THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?

Go down 
+3
Count Adhemar
Massaen
Vlad
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? Empty
PostSubject: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02 2017, 12:58

Greetings All!

I have a tale of fortune for you! I recently purchased the new Triumvirate of Ynnaed and was distraught to find part number 3 missing from the Avatar sprue , and I had already thrown away the receipt! I was devastated and thought I was well and truly done for. So I picked up the phone and spoke to GW HQ in Nottingham, and they advised me to send an email to their customer service team.
I did as they asked, and low and behold I was advised they had shipped the part out to me free of charge and it should arrive within a couple of days. The next day the part arrived and they had actually sent me a whole sprue of parts! The only downside was it was parts from another kit (I think the Triumvirate of Imperium, I can understand the confusion here). I emailed back promptly and received an incredibly apologetic email and was advised that they would be shipping out not just the replacement part, but the whole kit again to make up for the mistakes!!

So long story short, I'm going to have a spare visarch, a spare yvraine and nearly a whole spare Avatar. So, what should I do with these parts? Anyone come up with any interesting kitbashing ideas with these kits?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02 2017, 13:02

Both Yvraine and the visarch make great archon conversion options...

The visarch could easily be a dark eldar archon for an allied detachment as well.
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02 2017, 13:14

I've not yet assembled the Yncarne, is part 3 a portion of the swirly stuff that she's floating on or part of her actual body? If it's part of the swirly stuff I'd be tempted to try to assemble her without any of that stuff, so it's just her. Not sure how viable that would be though. May need extensive green stuff work.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02 2017, 14:01

You jammy git! Wink

The Visarch would make for an epic Corsair Prince, and I'm currently wondering how the base Yvraine model looks without the dress/train thing.

For the Yncarne, I'm currently thinking of ways to give him a scythe as it's a little more 'death god'.

Good idea Count Smile I do wonder what the Yncarne would look like without half of the, as some people have so eloquently put it, 'swirly gak'...

If you've got the Visarch kit in front of you, how does he compare size-wise with a normal Eldar dude? Is he physically bigger, or basically eldar-sized with a cape?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02 2017, 14:25

@Vlad - Sell them. Convert them. Trade them. (*whispers* call me...) Save them and give them away for the next Secret Space Raid gift exchange.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02 2017, 16:21

Massaen wrote:
Both Yvraine and the visarch make great archon conversion options...

The visarch could easily be a dark eldar archon for an allied detachment as well.

These were my first thoughts. Visarch would make a very cool Archon, i may swap his sword out for something else and then use the sword elsewhere as it is a pretty beasty blade!

Count Adhemar wrote:
've not yet assembled the Yncarne, is part 3 a portion of the swirly stuff that she's floating on or part of her actual body? If it's part of the swirly stuff I'd be tempted to try to assemble her without any of that stuff, so it's just her. Not sure how viable that would be though. May need extensive green stuff work.
Part 3 is part of the swirly stuff yeah, so like you said, I may be able to model something without the swirly crap.

Ynneadwraith wrote:
You jammy git! Wink
Yep very lucky! All I can say is hats off to GW for their excellent customer service!

Ynneadwraith wrote:
If you've got the Visarch kit in front of you, how does he compare size-wise with a normal Eldar dude? Is he physically bigger, or basically eldar-sized with a cape?
I'm afraid I don't have it in front of me. I will check later. I beleve he is roughly the same height (he may stand a bit taller because of his helmet). cheers
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02 2017, 16:25

@Jimsolo I would sell/trade but at the mo I'm just looking to convert
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 10:28

Having now spent the last 2 evenings assembling my Yncarne I just want to say that it's a massive pain in the backside! Having a real nightmare putting it all together.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 10:42

I've not had chance to assemble either of mine yet, and now reading this has made me dread it Sad
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 10:50

To be fair, the majority of the parts go together quite nicely. There's a couple though where the assembly instructions are not very clear and in particular I think I've buggered up the join between the Yncarne and the swirly stuff. Will see what I can do to fix it. If not, I'll be getting the green stuff out!
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 10:53

Yeah it upsets me how after all these years they still can't make clear assembley instructions!
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 12:29

TBH I'd dread having to write instructions to put the Yncarne together :S

'Connect swirly gak A to swirly gak B, then connect both to swirly gack C, D and E...'

Perhaps I'm just terrible at writing instructions...
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 14:51

I think the swirly bits could make a cool shadow field.
Visarch could become a cool klaivex or dhrazzar if you are into those
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 15:01

Yeah I am gunna build one as it comes out the box and the other without the swirly wirly stuffs
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 15:07

Ooh a Visarch Drazhar could look really cool! Give him some more spikes and a blank/skull face with some more vicious weapons and he'd look great Smile

My project for tonight will be looking to make an Yncarne with less of the swirly stuff. Probably won't get it finished, but if there's any tips I'll let you know Smile
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 18:00

man I need to call them because i'm putting mine together and I just discovered that I'm missing the side spike bit that attaches from the horn. I was coming to this thread to ask if anyone had and modeling Ideas to fix it.

what is the customer service email?
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 18:33

I spoke with a guy named Frank at uk.custserv@gwplc.com he was most useful!
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 21:03

Vlad wrote:
I spoke with a guy named Frank at uk.custserv@gwplc.com he was most useful!

thanks.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 21:31

thanks again for the advice. they are sending me a replacement part.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2017, 08:14

If you don't have any luck then i have that bit spare i think Smile what country are you in?
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2017, 14:21

Ynneadwraith wrote:
If you don't have any luck then i have that bit spare i think Smile what country are you in?

Chicago Illinois, USA
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2017, 14:54

Ah I'm UK-based. Kinda far to post a teeny-tiny little bit, but if you do have problems just let me know and I'll send it over Smile
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2017, 14:57

And it really is a tiny bit! You probably won't even notice it missing if you don't attach it.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2017, 15:47

Might even look better without it. I certainly though so Wink but then again, i've been trying to declutter mine slightly...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2017, 15:58

Me too. I've missed off part of the swirly stuff and I think it actually looks better without it. Once I've fixed my earlier mistake with some green stuff I'll get some WIP pics up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?   GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW Excellent customer service, what to do with parts?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next