THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari mixed units in transports.

Go down 
+3
TeenageAngst
Jimsolo
Logan Frost
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

Ynnari mixed units in transports. Empty
PostSubject: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04 2017, 16:12

My problem is: I'd like to start with a troupe in a raider, but battle brothers, not the same faction, ect.
To my understanding if I put a succubus in the squad they count as all the factions in the squad, so they could start in the raider.

Am I reading it right?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04 2017, 16:25

The Ynnari FAQ makes clear that all factions of an embarking unit must match factions of the transport for them to begin embarked, so alas, no.
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04 2017, 16:35

Per BRB FAQ a unit containing 2 or more factions counts as being of all the factions included.
Wouldn't that circumvent the limitation?

Also could a shadowseer start embarked in a venom with a squad of incubi?
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04 2017, 18:37

This is hilarious. There's literally no reason to bring transports for Ynnari.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04 2017, 18:42

So foot it is, let them shoot us, we'll get there faster, fewer but faster.

Or rather, embark on turn 1 and f*** it.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04 2017, 19:10

You can start an attached IC of a different faction in a transport of whichever faction is the unit they joined (terrible sentence...less wine would be a good idea).

If an IC is attached to a BB unit, they take on the faction of the unit they've joined so they can start embarked.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04 2017, 19:17

OK, does the opposite work in the same fashion?
Can a unit start embarked in a transport the attached IC is a faction of? (Not sure if real English)
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04 2017, 20:01

That used to be the case by RAW, but I read the new FAQ to eliminate that loophole.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04 2017, 22:15

Logan Frost wrote:
OK, does the opposite work in the same fashion?
Can a unit start embarked in a transport the attached IC is a faction of? (Not sure if real English)

No, I don't believe they can.

I'm fairly ceraint that the way it works for the purposes of transports is essentially that the IC abandons their previous faction and takes on the faction of the unit they've joined.

Not sure of the exact wording of the rule, but that's functionally what happens.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04 2017, 22:22

Ynneadwraith wrote:
I'm fairly ceraint that the way it works for the purposes of transports is essentially that the IC abandons their previous faction and takes on the faction of the unit they've joined.
The first bit is false - they don't abandon their Faction
The second bit is right - they count as part of the unit for all rules purposes, which would include Faction.

The Ynnari FAQ points out that still leaves them with different Factions to the transport and means they can't start the game embarked. This would also apply to IC in other armies - you can't join a Battle Brothers unit and start the game embarked in their transport.

Back to top Go down
PsychicHobo
Hellion
PsychicHobo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08 2017, 00:12

Just to clarify - this same restriction does technically apply to the Imperium, right?

I'm just wary of meeting people who'll claim that the Armies of the Imperium are all the same Faction or something and I'll end up being mobbed by something stupid pouring out of Land Raiders...
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08 2017, 00:14

I'd say it's even truer for the imperium.
They don't even share a faction between them.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08 2017, 00:20

Except for the very specific examples where they ignore this. Such as Inquisition, astra militarum and tempestus all counting as the same faction for imperial navy valkyrie purposes.(But not astra militarium Valkyries mind.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari mixed units in transports.   Ynnari mixed units in transports. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari mixed units in transports.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: