THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Militarum Tempestus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

Militarum Tempestus Empty
PostSubject: Militarum Tempestus   Militarum Tempestus I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05 2017, 15:15

I've been playing Dark Eldar for a bit and am greatly enjoying them, but would still like to start collecting a second army. A few people have recommended that I would enjoy playing Tempestus. Has anyone played with or against them and if so, what are your thoughts about them?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Militarum Tempestus   Militarum Tempestus I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05 2017, 20:09

How much dark eldar do you have? Because if you have made a significant investment in DE, with the direction of the game favoring allies, I would suggest picking up things that you can ally with your DE.
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

PostSubject: Re: Militarum Tempestus   Militarum Tempestus I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05 2017, 20:16

I'm on about 2000 points of Dark Eldar. We tend to mostly play team games so that we can get more people playing each night (university group), which is why I was looking more into getting a stand-alone army than one I would use to ally.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Militarum Tempestus   Militarum Tempestus I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 05 2017, 22:32

Your current situation notwithstanding, I'd still think it a sound plan to get something you can ally your current models with, even if you don't intend to do so right now. Call it future-proofing in case your group decides to get more competitive later.

That said, if you're determined to buy something that can't ally effectively with your existing models, you really can't go wrong with space marines. You can make your own chapter up, then use them with the rules for anything from Blood Angels to Ultramarines, to deathwatch, depending on your mood that day.

But I'm a pragmatist and you might be looking for advice from someone more sentimental, with more focus on fluff and style than I have. Either way, good luck! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Militarum Tempestus   Militarum Tempestus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Militarum Tempestus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-