THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zahaladune
Hellion
Zahaladune

1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost Empty
PostSubject: 1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost   1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08 2017, 03:49

Heyo folks! After kicking around ideas for a few days, and getting resoundingly frustrated that my Corsairs don't seem to play nice with the new faction, I caved into the following list. What are your thoughts?

---Primary Detachment---

--HQ--
-Autarch: Banshee Mask, Lance, Jetbike
-Archon: WWP, Shadowfield, Blaster

--Elite--
-Wraithguard: D-Scythe
-Shadowseer: MoS, ML 2

--Troops--
-Kabalites x5: Venom (Cannon)
-Kabalites x5: Venom (Cannon)
-Kabalites x10: Raider (DL)
-Windriders x3: Scatlasers
-Windriders x3: Scatlasers

--Fast Attack--
-Reavers x6: Caltrops x2
-Razorwing: DL, Cannon
-Razorwing: DL, Cannon

---Aspect Host---
-Swooping Hawks x6: Exarch
1498pts without Host; 1816pts w/Host

The Archon and Shadowseer WWP in with Wraithguard to pop anything big, potentially taking out heavy tanks or multiple units. The Shadowseer helps to protect the group from reprisal, while potentially playing -Ld games with nearby characters.

Autarch goes with Reavers for an assault unit that can handle smaller vehicles, while scatbikes help with small vehicles as well. Venom's zip around mopping up troops and contesting objectives, with the raider looking to offload it's unit early on or deeptrike later.

Razorwings blow up weaker units and potentially help give SfD to units on the ground, then hunting down FMC and such. The Hawks help mop up squads, lend help to Kabalites, and clear objectives.

Is this a competitive list, and what might I spend my extra point on when going the full 1850pts? Am I in murky water with no ObSec units? I haven't played any games beyond 500pts since around 2014, but am now in a location which supports tournament play. All C&C welcome.

Commorragh - The Game
Core Rule Project Log
Back to top Go down
Anarchistscourge
Kabalite Warrior
Anarchistscourge

PostSubject: Re: 1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost   1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08 2017, 10:14

Personally I would replace the 2 Razorwings with 2 crimson hunter exarchs. For an extra 20 points you get BS 5 with precision shots on 5+ and gain an extra 2 shots a piece. Still can take down FMCS and flyers but now you have a way to take out characters and special weapons on the ground.

Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: 1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost   1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08 2017, 10:27

I know I'm peddling this pretty hard at the moment but the Ynnaeds net formation is really really good and useful for getting soulbursts off on your bikes. In a game I recently played a ran a 6 man scatbike unit, a 6 man reaver unit, a 2 man sky weaver unit and a solo warlock on a bike and the turnt hey came on every unit got to Soulburst through careful placements and it hands down won me the game both times I've used it.

If you are already running scat bikes and reavers, could you maybe drop a flyer and squeeze in the two star weavers and a warlock necessary to run a ynnaeds net?
Back to top Go down
Zahaladune
Hellion
Zahaladune

PostSubject: Re: 1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost   1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 00:02

@Anarchistscourge Ya, the Crimson Hunters would definitely be a better choice, as I really don't need their help with AI, I just love missiles Soooo much....I'll have to give your advice a shot.

@Vlad I like the idea of working SfD shenanigans, and had considered the Net formation since I wanted to get a couple of Sky Weavers and try them out. I'm just not sure if I want to theme out as a bike gang, and as silly as it may be, I want to tread the line between theme and competitiveness. Maybe I'll make a secondary list that is more bike-centric.

Commorragh - The Game
Core Rule Project Log
Back to top Go down
Anarchistscourge
Kabalite Warrior
Anarchistscourge

PostSubject: Re: 1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost   1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 00:14

Completely agree with the missiles.i was building a list myself and clocked that my AA Razorwing with 2 shatterfields was same cost as the hunter.
Personally I never find a 1 shot weapon Works so I would swap the dark Lance out for Splinter racks. Also what's the plan for the hawks? Since grenades got nerfed in faq I find they disappoint in my meta (heavy space marines). The blast is useful but generally the squads get hit hard once on the table.
How about replacing them with scorpions / fire dragons for more CC / AT and Anti MC?
All in all tho I like the list

Hellion
Zahaladune

PostSubject: Re: 1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost   1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 03:14

I like that the hawks allow me to null deploy and then beta strike, or hold them off board for a turn or two before jumping them in on objectives for clearing. I originally was using my Corsairs with Reaver jetpack units and fusion/blasters to help grab objectives and help AT, but the corsairs do not fit well with Ynnari sadly.

Commorragh - The Game
Core Rule Project Log
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Kabalite Warrior
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: 1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost   1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 10:32

@Zahaladune completely understand your point! I have to say I was running scat bikes and reavers in my list and also sky weavers, so I thought, if I'm using them all anyway I may as well run them in ynnaeds net! And good god they are good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost   1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500-1850pt Reborn Warhost
Page 1 of 1