THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move? Empty
PostSubject: Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move?   Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2017, 15:31

Thinking of how best to maximise a psychic shriek squad with multiple psykers.

The idea would be to split off, say two spiritseers from a squad that contains a Shadowseer so you can shriek with 3 different 'units'.

That would leave your Spiritseers open to murderising the next turn, but could you use your Battle Focus run move (or Ynnari Soulburst) to nip back into the unit?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move?   Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2017, 15:57

Nope. You can only join a unit in the movement phase.

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move?   Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2017, 17:24

Drat. Could you Soulburst back in? You move 'as if it were your movement phase'

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move?   Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2017, 18:17

Only if the Soulburst occurred IN movement phase. The joining is a product of your position at the end of the phase, not solely how you move in it.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move?   Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2017, 20:09

Hmmm, I think I see.

Did the FAQ clear up what 'as if it were your movement phase' meant? Because if you're beardy enough, I'm certain you could argue that ending your Soulburst 'counts-as' movement phase in another unit then that's still 'ending your movement phase in cohesion'.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move?   Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2017, 22:26

Don't. Were I your opponent I would crush you under rules lawyering and make the remainder of the game terrible (for you, Rules lawyering is my favorite game.)

No amount of rules lawyering is going to get you around the Fact that "as if" merely grants you permission to fulfill a given action with the same restrictions that phase would normally enforce. It does not in anyway grant you permission to do other, non-mentioned, actions that also occur in that phase. You can't use soulburst to:

Have a fight subphase outside of the assault phase

Embark on a vehicle

leave the table via a multiphase key generator portal

Change unit composition

change type of movement if you are a jump unit and it is your turn

Because all of these are additional actions that simply also occur during a given phase. So far we have access to no less than 5 different things that occur during the movement phase, movement itself is only 1 such action and that specific action is the only one that soulburst allows you to undertake from the movement phase.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move?   Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10 2017, 22:34

Ah gotcha. So the whole phrase is 'move as if it's your movement phase', not 'have a free movement phase'.

It allows you to move out of sequence. That's it.

Thanks man Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move?   Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you rejoin an IC to a unit with a run move?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: