THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of

Go down 
+4
Srota
Ynneadwraith
Squidmaster
Count Adhemar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of Empty
PostSubject: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 09:36

New boxed game just announced by GW, based on the old Necromunda rules but now on Armageddon.

Linky

More pics here

Scenery looks amazing and I hope they release it separately at some point.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 10:22

Ha. It looks nice, but looking further down they list some of the units which can be used in the game.
And the one they list for us? Wyches. The one unit we have no reason to ever buy for 40k.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 10:36

The one unit they always include in anything DE-related. It's like someone in Nottingham is saying "We're not selling many Wyches for some reason" but not being able to fathom quite why that might be.

BECAUSE THEY'RE FREAKIN' AWFUL!!!!

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 13:09

Necromunda...in Armageddon.

Whoever had that idea at the latest GW ideas-bash weed hotbox must have been met with a round of applause. Brilliant idea Smile

I wonder whether they'll make it so that Wyches are half-decent in this game. It would give us an opportunity to use them after all. Slightly concerned that every other unit has a shooty option but DEldar don't...

Now, if only they'd give us a formation that gave them Rending...or Bladestorm (shut up Ynneadwraith you'll start it again...)

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Srota
Kabalite Warrior
Srota

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 16:30

I would like to point out that they did make it clear that the list is by no means comprehensive.

I myself just want Gorkamorka back... those vehicle rules... so much fun!
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 17:46

And if you click on Dark Eldar Wyches, it links you to Dire Avengers xD

Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Vitcus

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 07:46

Probably wouldn't be hard to incorporate rules for warriors or trueborn instead of wyches. Just take whatever the rules are for wounding and apply to rifles instead of pistols
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 10:45

Looking at it, and the fact that the box comes with the standard 40k templates, I suspect what we have here is a reboxed Kill Team. I think the rules are exactly the same as standard 40k.

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 11:21

Did Necromunda not have templates?

A re-boxed Kill Team does sound more likely, but I can't put my finger quite on why I think that...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 12:25

The BoLS article did say that the rules were essentially unchanged from the first version but that's BoLS so take with a mountain of NaCl.

Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17 2017, 08:05

I really enjoyed Necromunda, it was a great progression/fluff game that you didn't need to drop £200+ on a whole army just to start playing.
If the progression part of your "gang" is still in the rules this time around I think this could be a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17 2017, 09:25

I've still got my Delaque gang somewhere and a Necromunda Bounty Hunter was pressed into service as my character for a game of Dark Heresy a few years back.

Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18 2017, 03:09

Delaque? they were the bald guys iirc right? My most vivid memory of the original Necromunda was my heavy gunning down half the opposition gang in an early game, got a bunch of advances and with the Dice God's smiling he hit BS 6, which thereafter, every new opponent I faced wouldn't believe I had rolled on the upgrade table fairly...
Darn, I really miss that game, HOPEFULLY we get some type progression in this one too.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18 2017, 10:10

Here's some interesting stuff, rules leaks, I believe from a tester set.

https://spikeybits.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Shadow-Wars.jpg

So it IS Kill-Team, but with some Necromunda thrown in.
For example:

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/f9a121560a8b66535c86908b5c955ea5b2b62c1560ae111bef375ab5095eba07.jpg

Necromunda srtyle gang purchasing, but stat lines which include a MOVEMENT VALUE.

Also this:

https://spikeybits.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Shadow-Wars-2.jpg

WHich I believe to be an event pack.

Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18 2017, 10:59

I'm very interested in this.

It's not Necromunda without hive gangs, but it's still very interesting.

The Rogue Trader era Guardsmen regiment were supposed to be Necromundan. I've got a bunch of them, so theoretically I could still play Necromundans in this game that isn't Necromunda.

Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2017, 18:01

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/03/40k-shadow-wars-armageddon-latest-pics.html

It really does look a lot like Necromunda, what with the gang sheets and all.
The price is reportedly $130 and released on the 8th of next month.
Seems a bit steep consideirng the mini's are pretty dull.

Still.. i'm personally on edge for this release.

Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of Shadow-War-Armageddon-Ork-Stats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of   Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necromunda rises from the ashes - sort of
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-
Jump to: