THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WildCandy
Kabalite Warrior
WildCandy

Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons Empty
PostSubject: Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons   Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 13:37

Hi all tactical masters minds!

Would it make tactical sense to put a D-cannon battery 3xvauls wrath D-cannons in the enemies backfield/midfield through archon and webway portal. It would be very resilent unit with high toughness, multiple wounds and extremely nasty weapons. With Ynnari rules you could also shoot twice per turn. Attaching few IC's in the squad could also give it CC ability on top of IC's that could trigger soul burst.

This would take 250pts in barebones with archon wwp, shadowfield (enjoying T7 and 2++) and 3 D-cannon vauls batteries, total 14 effective t7 wounds. Gravs would wound on 5+...

Bad thing is that they would shoot earliest on 3rd game turn with the D-cannons and letting enemy take one round of shooting against it. Could still work as a distraction carnifex, especially with Fortune/invisibily.

Comparison would be WG scythes, which get to shoot the turn they arrive and have better anti-assault capabilities.

What say you?
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons   Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15 2017, 14:00

5x WraithGuard with D-Sythes would be better in my Opinion. They can shoot the turn they come down. There are 5 of them for the same price. If I see 3 D-cannons come down I will assault them with a throw away unit. Even if I cant hurt you you are doing much to me.

This is what I do. 5 WraithGuard w\Dsythes, Archon with WWP.
Back to top Go down
WildCandy
Kabalite Warrior
WildCandy

PostSubject: Re: Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons   Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 06:12

Yes, it is much easier to play with, without GoI they tend to be sluggish after they deep strike, against death star/ik/wk they work well but against MSU in my experience the turn after is not effectual. Soul burst might help here a bit...
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons   Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 08:18

You can do the scouting or outflanking thing with Eldrad plus the batteries...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons   Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 10:00

The problem is that they've got a major weakness to being charged, so your opponent's backfield is a rough spot for them to be without them being able to shoot.

If we had an IC that had slow and purposeful that you could put with them, they'd be able to shoot on the turn they arrived by deep strike. I always thought it was odd that maugan ra didn't have slow and purposeful, but all dark reapers do.
Back to top Go down
WildCandy
Kabalite Warrior
WildCandy

PostSubject: Re: Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons   Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 10:08

Nice BetrayTheWorld! Good idea!

That would have been quite a nice combo, maugan ra with split fire, Slow and Purposeful and sensible CC abilities, but alas no SaP.
Thinking forward I checked, hope I didn't miss anything:
-DE IC's don't have relentless
-Harlequin elites do not have relentless, weapons are assault
-Eldar I can not think any on the top of my head with relentless, all weapons are assault
-No unreliable help from warlord traits either.
-No psychic powers that could help here
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons   Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16 2017, 13:10

Maugan Ra is relentless - not slow and purposeful like his aspect.

Sadly that helps not as relentless does not confer! I would be better if he had slow and purposeful!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons   Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webway portaling in Vauls Wrath D-cannons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: