THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Vehicle Equipment Concept

Go down 
+3
The Strange Dark One
Marrath
Suppertime
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Suppertime
Slave
Suppertime

New Vehicle Equipment Concept Empty
PostSubject: New Vehicle Equipment Concept   New Vehicle Equipment Concept I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17 2017, 05:15

I posted this on Dakka earlier, wanted to know what you guys thought.

Hook Harnesses......10pts

Whilst a unit is embarked on a vehicle with hook harnesses, jinking has no effect on that units shooting attacks.
When a vehicle equiped with hook harnesses jinks, every model embarked on that vehicle must make a dangerous terrian test.
A unit disembarking from a vehicle with hook harnesses may not charge on the turn they do so.

after the jink faq a couple years back, kabal list were just never the same. I really miss running splinter rack gunboats and blaster venoms. imho nothing is fluffier than a bunch of crazed bdsm pirate space elves hanging off of their vehicles on large flesh hooks as they zig and zag across the battlefield, shooting everything they pass. With every hard turn a few guys fall off the sides, splattering against passing terrian like a bug on a windshield. I need to clean up the wording a bit but everything is there, more cannon at the cost of more glass. let me know what you guys think!
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: New Vehicle Equipment Concept   New Vehicle Equipment Concept I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17 2017, 05:45

According to the final faqs, no snapshots Smile

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14577-final-faq-de-and-snap-shooting

Also i really dislike the idea, maybe fluffy but 10 points in addition to the cost of splinter racks,
plus dangerous terrain test plus prohibiting assault from an assault vehicle is just too much, also i'd doubt a Dark Eldar would gimp himself so hard in a raid.

Edit: I also think topics like this go in the Rules Development section.

The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: New Vehicle Equipment Concept   New Vehicle Equipment Concept I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17 2017, 13:28

Marrath wrote:
According to the final faqs, no snapshots Smile

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14577-final-faq-de-and-snap-shooting

Also i really dislike the idea, maybe fluffy but 10 points in addition to the cost of splinter racks,
plus dangerous terrain test plus prohibiting assault from an assault vehicle is just too much, also i'd doubt a Dark Eldar would gimp himself so hard in a raid.

Edit: I also think topics like this go in the Rules Development section.

Indeed, not to mention that Gunboats are not really favoured anymore anyway. If anything, our Kabalites should get a special rule that allows them to shoot at full BS rather than snapshots.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: New Vehicle Equipment Concept   New Vehicle Equipment Concept I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17 2017, 15:15

Quote :
Indeed, not to mention that Gunboats are not really favoured anymore anyway. If anything, our Kabalites should get a special rule that allows them to shoot at full BS rather than snapshots.

Honestly, for the proclaimed most maneuverable army in the game, its atrocious that we don't have a rule that lets us count as stationary when in transports.

Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: New Vehicle Equipment Concept   New Vehicle Equipment Concept I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17 2017, 17:28

TheBaconPope wrote:
Quote :

Honestly, for the proclaimed most maneuverable army in the game, its atrocious that we don't have a rule that lets us count as stationary when in transports.

Not being able to move 12 and shoot at full BS really limits gunboats. Plus, threat ranges with gunboats raiders aren't​ great.. you want to be close to rapid fire but, considering anything bolted equivalent or better can glance a raider down it's not really were you want to be against return fire. On the plus, splinter racks and being opened topped are handy if you get charged.
Back to top Go down
Suppertime
Slave
Suppertime

PostSubject: Re: New Vehicle Equipment Concept   New Vehicle Equipment Concept I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 17 2017, 22:41

Thanks guys for the great input! admittedly i haven't played a game in almost 2 years so i think my recollection of the rules involved were a little off. Been wanting to Dust off my army for a while now and Im finally going ot do it.
lament.config wrote:
TheBaconPope wrote:
Quote :

Not being able to move 12 and shoot at full BS really limits gunboats. Plus, threat ranges with gunboats raiders aren't​ great.. you want to be close to rapid fire but, considering anything bolted equivalent or better can glance a raider down it's not really were you want to be against return fire. On the plus, splinter racks and being opened topped are handy if you get charged.

Ya my memory is definantly off. i need to dig out the old rule book for a refresher course.
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

PostSubject: Re: New Vehicle Equipment Concept   New Vehicle Equipment Concept I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18 2017, 07:16

Should just be a feature of the raider instead of an upgrade, also makes it more distinct compared to the venom.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: New Vehicle Equipment Concept   New Vehicle Equipment Concept I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20 2017, 13:49

Moved to proposed rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vehicle Equipment Concept   New Vehicle Equipment Concept I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Vehicle Equipment Concept
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: