THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Dark Eldar army

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Britishgrotesque
Hellion
Britishgrotesque

New Dark Eldar army Empty
PostSubject: New Dark Eldar army   New Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19 2017, 10:34

Hi guys, I was wondering where I should go next for my army. I have a few different options but unfortunately I can't buy them all at once, let alone build and paint. Keep in mind im an absolute noob and I'm building up from a kill team force.

Some of my models are from my childhood but they still do fine on the tabletop (all my vehicles back then broke, hence the tonne of troops with nothing to carry them).

Here's what I have so far:

30 Kab warriors (2 dark lances, 4 splinter cannons 1 blaster Crying or Very sad )

5 wyches

6 mandrakes

1 raider

2 archon

9 reaver jetbikes (still building)

10 hellions

First question is, What shall I kit my jetbikes out with? I hear decent arguments for both heat lance or blaster. I think I'm leaning towards blaster right now because of my lack of AT, but minimal list means they are good all rounders.

The options I was thinking of going is 5 scourge (but I will have to try to find loads of haywire blasters). A talos, or a box of incubi with a venom.

I know I shouldn't field more kab warriors than my transports can carry, so I'm aiming for a 750-1000pts game in the next week or so.

My meta right now is a few mates all trying to get into the game, so we are all clueless. Any advice on what they think would be the next best thing to get would be helpful. So many options and they all seem so cool!

P.S sorry if it's the wrong place to post.

Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar army   New Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23 2017, 02:51

I prefer Heat Lances on my Reavers when I do run them, sometimes I go Blasters if I don't expect to use them for much close combat. You have to get a few games in with them to really get a feel for how differently they play. Which is advice that really just extends to the entire army.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Sess
Hellion
Sess

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar army   New Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23 2017, 04:20

If you do get a talos kit and scourges and don't plan on giving the talos a haywire blaster, could try to convert the scourges to have haywire blasters using the talos kit ones.
Back to top Go down
Britishgrotesque
Hellion
Britishgrotesque

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar army   New Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24 2017, 06:50

Thanks. I think I will probably go for heat lances for my readers.
Thanks for the tip on the conversion. It's so hard to find dark eldar parts in the UK. I wish games workshop released packs of special weapons!
Back to top Go down
Anarchistscourge
Kabalite Warrior
Anarchistscourge

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar army   New Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24 2017, 08:51

Bitzbox and blitz and kitz are very useful for that. Otherwise the trading topic on here could be quote useful. I'd send you mine but I use them for haywire blaster conversions

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar army   New Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24 2017, 09:40

Indeed, I use Bitzbox quite alot and find DE bitz are actually quite cheap because not many people want them (other than a select couple of bits that I'm keeping quiet about so I can grab them when they become available).

Britishgrotesque
Hellion
Britishgrotesque

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar army   New Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2017, 07:35

I'll keep an eye out for them. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar army   New Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar army
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists