THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Soulburst out of combat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Myrvn
Wych

Soulburst out of combat Empty
PostSubject: Soulburst out of combat   Soulburst out of combat I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19 2017, 17:53

With the revised language on SfD to "base contact" instead of in combat... How does the following scenario work?

Two friendly units are locked in combat with two enemy units.
One friendly (A) is in base contact with only one enemy (X). Friendly B is in base with both enemy models. Friendly B kills enemy X at Initiative 10, but is still in base with Enemy Y.

Can A Soulburst away? It is no longer in base contact with an enemy unit. If it stayed in combat, it could have moved in during it's next initiative step.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst out of combat   Soulburst out of combat I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20 2017, 02:05

Yeah, that seems to be the case, so you could potentially assault something with 2 different units, attacking at 2 different initiatives, and use the first unit to slingshot the second unit into a different combat if the first unit manages to kill the opponent on their initiative.
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst out of combat   Soulburst out of combat I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20 2017, 19:39

You could even charge in the combat they already were, getting additional attacks and strength with furious charge.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst out of combat   Soulburst out of combat I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 25 2017, 06:25

Huh. Interesting.

If those charging units went through difficult train, but the enemy was already engaged... Would they strike at Initiative?
Back to top Go down
eric.emerson
Slave
eric.emerson

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst out of combat   Soulburst out of combat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 18:45

Similar question. If you wipe out a unit in melee, do you consolidate and then soul-burst, or do the soul-burst immediately essentially negating the consolidate. In our game the other night we did the latter. It ended up rather irrelevant as my wraith-blades rolled 12" to charge with.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst out of combat   Soulburst out of combat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30 2017, 18:48

I'd say you did it right. It says an immediate action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soulburst out of combat   Soulburst out of combat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soulburst out of combat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: