THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament Empty
PostSubject: Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament   Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23 2017, 21:58

I have tournament in two weeks and I'm bringing my kabalites out to play again. It is a doubles tournament so I will have a random partner.

My current list is as follows:

Hq:
Medusae in venom with dual cannons

Troops:
1 3x kabalite, 1 sybarite for warlord traits and blaster in dual cannon venom
1 4x kabalites with 1 blaster

Fast attack
1 3x reavers with blaster and caltrops

1 dual cannon venom

Heavy
Dark lance ravager with night shields

Talos with haywire

I'm considering changing out my talos for more reavers or a razorwing. What are your thoughts?

Oh forgot about restrictions: only CAD and allied detachment allowed

Last edited by Hen Tai, the tentacle guy on Thu Mar 23 2017, 22:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament   Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 23 2017, 22:38

Double post merged.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament   Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24 2017, 00:45

For small games my opinion is to go hard or go home. Haemonculus or Succubus HQ, 2 warrior squads, and 10 Grotesques with a Chronos following behind.

Or 4 Grotesques, an HQ, 2 squads of warriors, a Chronos, and then 2 10-man Khymera squads to rush the board while the Grotesques close in and take care of business.

Or just loads of warriors in boats with an Archon with a WWP+Blaster in a squad of Heat Lance Scourge.

Small lists are so much fun to toy with.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament   Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24 2017, 03:04

At small point values, DE can absolutely crush the MSU game.
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament   Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24 2017, 03:07

Army needs to be painted for extra point and my grots are in bad need of being assembled/kitbashed. I Don't have chronos yet (a vital component for finishing my grots) and scourges are in the mail at the moment. Just ordered them. Can't do proxies in this one Sad. Since this is i small points tournament, I am more drawn to the razorwing. I am the only one in the group with flyers and I don't think people are thinking about wasting points in intercept an skyfire units. If i drop shields on ravager and make port gun a dissie, that opens up for darklances and a cannon on the ol' bird. There is a good chance that I'll be facing guards on this one so the monoscythes might actually do something for a change. Right now my list is at 748 points

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament   Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 31 2017, 22:07

Tournament is coming up tomorrow. My list is set as my last paintstrokes are drying.

Thought to my self that I'm not going for the standard, boring msu. Daddy's gonna have some fun!
My list is as follows:

Hq
Haemy with wwp and scissorhand

Troops
4 kabs 1 blaster in dual cannon venom x2

Fast
2 reavers 1 heatlance and caltrops x2

Heavy
Ravager with 2 lances and one dissie

Talos with twinlinked heatlance (will be teamed up with haemy)

The main reason I went away from standard msu, is that we are playing custom scenarios and obsec is removed from play. My main tactic for this list is praying that my random partner will be a master general and that my guys will survive until my haemy arrives with my talos to play with their backlines.

Wish me luck! Very Happy

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament   Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04 2017, 17:36

How did the Tourny go?

If I had seen this post in time, I would have recomended removing the Heatlance from the Talos and putting that third DL on the Ravager. I assume you were running that Talos most of the game, so the points may have been wasted.

Let us know!
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament   Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04 2017, 18:10

I didn't know about the rule banning the haemy from joining up with the talos, so that made the list a bit lacking, yes. But he did turn out to be the unsung hero of the army. He wiped out two squads of low tier genestealers and wrecked a tau transport and it's crew in cc. That made the rest of my contenders terrified of him, and made more space for my venoms to do damage. (Incidently, I found out that teaming a talos with a venerable dreadnought makes a terrifying duo of death. We slowrolled them over the table humming a best friends themesong) I used the haemy with a kab squad as a deepstrike objective stealing unit/rapidfire bomb.  Ultimately my team came in last, due to my teammate also had a less than optimal list of deathwatch. But we tied three games, and I won the painting comp for best looking army. The ravager, unfortunately did nothing but miss.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament   Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07 2017, 22:18

Ya, they call them Try-Lance ravagers for a reason Wink

Ah well, glad to see the True Kin making the tabletop none the less.
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament   Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08 2017, 08:03

Due to low point lists the one dissie cannon were able to injure most of my opponents, but I rolled badly for it the entire tournament.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament   Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pure DE list for 750 point doubles tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: