THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari Freakshow

Go down 
+2
Sess
Synide
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Synide
Slave
Synide

Ynnari Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Ynnari Freakshow   Ynnari Freakshow I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26 2017, 07:17

I'm not sure if i missed the topic or discussion, but has anyone brought up the topic of running a freakshow list with the Ynnari?

Along with providing a less cluttered army list, soul burst for additional shooting and movement could be a great way to force more leadership checks.
Back to top Go down
Sess
Hellion
Sess

Ynnari Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Freakshow   Ynnari Freakshow I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26 2017, 07:42

I think just being able to take covens formations with psykers that can make use of the lowered enemy leadership with powers like psychic shriek is pretty good. Especially with harlequin shadowseer's which can take the mask of secrets to give -3 leadership with the covens formations within 12" range. Ynnari make it way easier to run these things in a list too.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Ynnari Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Freakshow   Ynnari Freakshow I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26 2017, 10:42

Coven units can't be taken in Ynnari forces. They're not part of the Reborn Warhost.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Synide
Slave
Synide

Ynnari Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Freakshow   Ynnari Freakshow I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26 2017, 11:31

Yeah, that's fine really, i can always take them in their formations separate from the Reborn Warhost.

Here's a list i'm thinking of as a draft:

Reborn Warhost:
Archon - Shadowfield, WWP, Agoniser, Armour of misery, PGL, Agoniser - 190
Wraithguard - 5 man - Wraithcannons - 160
Shadowseer - ML2 - Mask of Secrets - 100
Kabalite Warriors - 5 man - Blaster - Raider w Dissie & TGL - 125
Kabalite Warriors - 5 man - Blaster - Raider w Dissie & TGL - 125
Hemlock Wraithfighter Wing - 2 Hemlocks - 370
Seer Council Formation - Bikes, 2 Farseers with Spears, 5 Warlocks w Spears - 515

Scalpel Squadron:
2 x Wrack Squads - 5 man - Venoms with Double Splinter Cannons -230

Total: 1815
Model Count:40
Reborn Warhost Units: 10
Base Warp Charges: 14
Penalty Types: 4 (Freakish Spectacle, Archon, Spiritseer, Hemlocks)

Potentially 4 Sources of Psychic Shrieking Goodness (2 hemlocks, the Seer Council, Shadowseer).

The Archon will be in reserves with the Wraithguard & Shadowseer. If i play it right, it'd be possible to force leadership checks at up to -6 or -7 LD. Although Shrieking and Soulfright would only at best be -4 LD or -5 if i get Terrify.

The list has anti-tank in the form of wraithcannons, singing spears & blasters.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

Ynnari Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Freakshow   Ynnari Freakshow I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 26 2017, 18:35

Your playing MY game now I see, though I prefer the 2++ fortunestar to the jetseer invis star. ;p It most certainly works but 2 very important points of order:

Blasters are not viable anti-vehicle, They are the transition weapon. AV12 is analagous to T8, and it takes ~28 blaster shots to kill a full fledged T8 GMC like a a wraithknight. Same issue with analogous vehicles. Lance doesn't even really matter beyond saying: If something is harder to kill than a WK, if it is a vehicle then it isn't. Darklight is exceptionally good at downing T6-T7 and analogous (av10-11) vehicles. I take shredders on these squads for a nice cheap 100pt boat and crew instead and source my AV elsewhere

In order for your singing spears to do work you need to be a foot away from the target or less. I vastly prefer Haywire to Armourbane for anti-vehicle, but I haven't had the opportunity to try an all spear jetcouncil as Ynnari yet so double shooting may make this option better than it appears on first blush.

Wraithcannon Wraithguard and Hemlocks have the same core weakness: They can't kill invisable things and as a broader point you have no ignores cover for the 2+ jink armies. Hemlocks suffer from the scythe rule, and cannons won't generate many hits and in any meta that plays to ITC or a host of other house rule sets you can't get the full power of rolling a 6 on the D-table. Even if you can get 6's the benefits your losing by not spending the 35 pts on d-scythes both in quantity of hits and the ability to eviscerate other seerstars and bikestars are too great IMO.

I'd find the points for a touch more AV. Something like haywire scourges or Swooping Hawks.
Back to top Go down
Synide
Slave
Synide

Ynnari Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Freakshow   Ynnari Freakshow I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27 2017, 10:05

Thanks for the feedback Amorrowlyday. I'll try and see if i can fit more AV.

A curious thought occurred to me - Would it be viable to play Freakshow without the Coven support?

Reborn Warhost:
Archon - Shadowfield, WWP, Agoniser, Armour of misery, PGL - 190
Wraithguard - 5 man - D-Scythe - 210
Shadowseer - ML2 - Mask of Secrets - 100
Kabalite Warriors - 5 man - Shredder - Raider w Dissie & TGL - 115
Kabalite Warriors - 5 man - Shredder - Raider w Dissie & TGL - 115
Reaver Jetbikes - 6 man - 2 Cluster Caltrops - 126
Hemlock Wraithfighter - 185
Seer Council Formation - Bikes, 2 Farseers with Spears, 5 Warlocks w Spears - 515
Yncarne - 275

Total: 1831
Model Count:34
Reborn Warhost Units: 11
Base Warp Charges: 15

Did some tweaking and added the D-Scythes on the Wraithguard. I've also dropped 1 hemlock because i've been told that a Flyer wing cannot be taken as part of the Reborn Warhost Detachment. I've also dropped the Scalpel Squadron just to see if this list is still viable as a Freakshow list.

In place of these, i've added Yncarne & Reaver because I don't have scourges or Swooping Hawks and Reavers with Hammer of Wrath are pretty violent.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Ynnari Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Freakshow   Ynnari Freakshow I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27 2017, 10:14

You can absolutely play Freakshow without the Covens units. The FAQ changes to Freakish Spectacle make it debatable whether Freakish Spectacle actually stacks anymore anyway (RAW I'm not sure it actually works at all outside of a Covenite Coterie!)

The Visarch is a nice addition to any Freakshow as he forces enemy units to use the lowest Ld in the unit. Slap an easily obtainable -4 penalty on the roll and watch any Marine unit dissolve when you hit them with Psychic Shriek.

Synide
Slave
Synide

Ynnari Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Freakshow   Ynnari Freakshow I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27 2017, 10:17

Count Adhemar wrote:
You can absolutely play Freakshow without the Covens units. The FAQ changes to Freakish Spectacle make it debatable whether Freakish Spectacle actually stacks anymore anyway (RAW I'm not sure it actually works at all outside of a Covenite Coterie!)

The Visarch is a nice addition to any Freakshow as he forces enemy units to use the lowest Ld in the unit. Slap an easily obtainable -4 penalty on the roll and watch any Marine unit dissolve when you hit them with Psychic Shriek.

Yeah i was thinking of Visarch as well, if he's bundled with an Archon & Shadowseer coming in on WWP that's a targetable -3 LD.

Are TGL/PGL actually worth the price?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Ynnari Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Freakshow   Ynnari Freakshow I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27 2017, 10:21

Not really. When 50%+ of all armies are just flat out immune to them I think you're better off spending the points elsewhere.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Ynnari Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Freakshow   Ynnari Freakshow I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27 2017, 14:05

In a local setting where your meta can be predicted with a little accuracy, maybe.

In a larger competitive setting, no they are not.
Back to top Go down
Sess
Hellion
Sess

Ynnari Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Freakshow   Ynnari Freakshow I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 28 2017, 01:57

Having more potent psychic shrieks and other psychic powers against things like tau super suits and other big monstrous creatures that seem annoying for us to deal with is probably good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ynnari Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Freakshow   Ynnari Freakshow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari Freakshow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-