THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force

Go down 
+4
mandragora
Shadows Revenge
Massaen
Urien Rakarth
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force Empty
PostSubject: 1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force   1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 13:11

Hi guys, normally I run an all mech list but I was thinking of changing things up and going for more fast moving infantry and the drop of some WWPs that people might not expect from my normal way of playing. There is a lot of anti-tank driving around in my meta and this might therefore make those expensive heavy weapons a little less productive.

So please take a look at the below and offer thoughts.

HQ

Haemonculus with WWP and Liquifier Gun (joins one unit of Kabalites)

Haemonculus with WWP and Liquifier Gun (joins the other unit of Kabalite)

Troops

4 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster riding in Venom with Nightshields and Splinter Cannon

4 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster riding in Venom with Nightshields and Splinter Cannon

These are the WWP delivery units and being Troops allow me to use exactly the same tactics should we roll Dawn of War. I dislike Wracks (expensive Finecast) and it would lose me an AT weapon.

15 Wyches with 3 Shardnets, Haywire Grenades and Hekatrix with Venom Blade

15 Wyches with 3 Shardnets, Haywire Grenades and Hekatrix with Venom Blade

First two WWP units giving me extra troops for tying up an opponent (potential for multi-charge) and also possibility of last second objective grabs.

Fast Attack

2 Beastmasters with 5 Khymearae and 2 Razorwing Flocks

2 Beastmasters with 5 Khymearae and 2 Razorwing Flocks

Standard cheap WWP units with oodles of attacks that can rip stuff apart.

Heavy Support

Ravager with Flickerfield

Pretty standard Anti-tank loadout to help with the parking lots I sometimes face against Marines/Grey Knights.

All this leaves me with 55pts to spare. I was thinking I could put PGLs on the Wyches to help them survive if they get charged (no Space Wolves in my group). I could also change one of the Wych units and trade them up to Bloodbrides but would lose a potential scoring unit.

In order to run this army all I need is another box of Wyches and then to convert the Khymearae and the Flocks so not interested in a lot of advice for swapping huge parts of this that would mean parting with even more money into the coffers of the evil GW.

If it helps I face off against, CSM, Vanilla Marines, GK, Eldar, Tyranids, Tau and soon to be Necrons.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force   1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 13:49

Don't you have a minimum of 5 kabalite warriors per unit???

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force   1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 14:29

Now that you mention it I have no idea, I'd run with Trueborn in Venoms normally in my lists but that would bork me on Dawn of War... I'll have to check the book when I get home as I wasn't paying attention when I wrote the list. I could always change the Venoms for Raiders although I wanted Venoms for the smaller silhouette.

Or switch to Wracks and try and convert something.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force   1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 14:41

yes, there is a minimal of 5 warriors in a squad. I would suggest 3 wracks, or a bigger warrior squad in a raider.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force   1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 14:52

I might just take two units of 4 Wracks, fulfills the requirements and keeps the smaller transport... time to find a decent stand-in other than Cryx units.
Back to top Go down
mandragora
Slave
mandragora

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force   1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 14:53

I don't thing that you need two WWP in 1500 points. Try one, and use a "naked" venom with three wracks to deliver it, as Shadows Revenge suggested. I know that you dislike wracks but you will save quite a lot of points to put your second warriors squad. Also, the beasts'units are too small. Try to combine them in one.

I created a list based on yours.

Haem + WWP (No liguifier because usually dies)

3 wracks + venom

2x5 Kabalite Warrios with blastet in Venoms with dual splinter cannon and Night Shields

2x15 Wyches with grenades, 3 shardnets, hekatrix with venom blade and PGL

4 Beastmasters with 7 Khymeraes, 4 RW Flocks

3 Ravagers with FF.

Alternatively you may replace one unit of wyches with Baron Sathonyx and 11 Hellions (or 10 with Helliarch). A really great unit for a WWP army, because of their speed.
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force   1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 15:15

The problem I see with one is that if it gets surrounded I am forced to come on from my table edge. Two portals provides me with options as to where to bring my forces. With the current mech trend it's not hard to bring a significant number of units to bear against the one portal, at least theoretically.
Back to top Go down
Foxtale
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force   1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22 2011, 04:31

Urien Rakarth wrote:
I might just take two units of 4 Wracks, fulfills the requirements and keeps the smaller transport... time to find a decent stand-in other than Cryx units.

I've had quite a lot of success converting up Flagellants. Slightly smaller than Warriors, but with a slight raise to their base they reach the same height.

I used GS for face masks, and I mixed in Dryad bits to make the twisted, sharp claws and for their back spines.
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force   1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22 2011, 15:49

Hey.

WWP is indeed viable at 1500p. Of course it is not the same as running the usual cookie cutter with spamming lances and venoms, however i do think you could trade of the venoms for raiders in this case. You are more in need of two more lances then the splinter cannons. You have a CC oriented list so your worries are to open up the transports so you can fight what is inside.

I see that you have not even included a single Talos. This appears to be strange to me. I have been giving it some thought to run wwp without the taloses, (i most often run 3) but it is pretty much to remove one of the strongest options a WWP list has. The talos is good as it is but with the WWP he will see action before being put to sleep. If you dont want to drop all the ravagers i would suggest you atleast put in 1 talos insteed of 1 ravager.

You also are very low on troops. Remember this that even i you come out of the WWP the opponent can just stay away and blow you up. I wouldnt suggest anyone to run lower then 5 strong troops, actually 6 is pretty much needed. But in this case lets work with 5. What you should do here is to make the 2 x 15 units of wyches into 3 x 10 cause 15 is just to much.

So after a few changes this is it.

haemo: wwp liquifier

5 warriors: blaster, raider, flickerfield & dark lance
10 wyches: 2 shardnets, haywire grenades, heka with agoniser

2 beastmasters: 4 khymereas, 2 razorwings

ravager: flickerfield, 3 dark lances
talos: chain-flails, TL heat lance

Now i didnt count the points but i believe this should be below the 1500 limit. If not the liquifiers can go from the haemonculuses. I would suggest that you run the agoniser in this type of list. Mainly cause its your main CC units and without you will pretty much not do alot of wounds in the long run.

A few cents from me.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force   1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22 2011, 16:19

teknistmajjan wrote:
Hey.

WWP is indeed viable at 1500p. Of course it is not the same as running the usual cookie cutter with spamming lances and venoms, however i do think you could trade of the venoms for raiders in this case. You are more in need of two more lances then the splinter cannons. You have a CC oriented list so your worries are to open up the transports so you can fight what is inside.

So after a few changes this is it.

talos: chain-flails, TL heat lance

Now i didnt count the points but i believe this should be below the 1500 limit. If not the liquifiers can go from the haemonculuses. I would suggest that you run the agoniser in this type of list. Mainly cause its your main CC units and without you will pretty much not do alot of wounds in the long run.

A few cents from me.
^Agree with this^
I almost never run just one WWP, even at 1500. It really just ruins your game to have a Talos have to show up on your own board edge. I find that using two really throws your opponents off to figure out which one your stuff is coming out of(provided they both survive turn one), or yanks their chain if they kill one of them only to have to deal with the other one. I usually don't deploy them within 12-14" of each other unless the opponent's army as absolutely deployed in a way that makes sense for me to do so.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force   1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22 2011, 17:26

Yeah... You pretty much want drop one on first turn, so it will work if You happen to have luckiest day in Your life and roll all 6 for reserves...

This is highly unlikely, but I swear that happen (I did that once with 800point Deathwing)

Last edited by Local_Ork on Sat Oct 22 2011, 17:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force   1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22 2011, 17:41

Yes it is needed to have two portals always. I have tried out the single portal in many games and sure if have had pretty good results with it but thats because of my opponents not doing the right thing. Once the portal was swarmed and yeah that game you can guess how it went.

One can really not let your opponent descide if you are gonna come out of the portal or not. Armies that normally are easy for Dark Eldar like Tyranids or Orks will be a pain since they will swarm portals and they are good at it.

So two portals, even at as low points as this is.

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force   1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pts Webway Melee Strike Force
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: