THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Advice against Khorne Daemonkin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lmjh1985
Slave
lmjh1985

Advice against Khorne Daemonkin Empty
PostSubject: Advice against Khorne Daemonkin   Advice against Khorne Daemonkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 02 2017, 20:40

Hello all! First time poster, long time lurker.

I'm fairly new to the Dark Eldar, and I've long been a fan of them. Anyhoo, I'm currently taking part in a 40k Tournament at my LGC at 1500pts. I'm playing against Khorne Daemonkin tomorrow and they're an army that I've never played against before. We'll be playing The Scouring (the 'kill FA' mission from Eternal War).

My list seems fairly standard, being:
Grotesquerie in Raiders
Lhaemean in Venom
2 squads of Warriors in Venoms
2 squads of BlasterBorn in Venoms
2 squads of 6 Reavers with Heat Lances and Cluster Caltrops
5 Haywire Scourges

I'll be facing against a list roughly consisting of a Herald on Juggernaught, Locus of Wrath and Ichor Blood, 3 squads of Bloodcrushers, 2 squads each of Bloodletters and Flesh Hounds, and a Maulerfiend and 2 Skull Cannons.

Is there anything I should be avoiding? Anything to take out straight away?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Advice against Khorne Daemonkin   Advice against Khorne Daemonkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 02 2017, 21:05

Those hounds and bloodcrushers are not fun. Don't let them charge your shooters. Bubble wrap with grots. If his heavy stuff is left open, take it out with reavers or scourge. Always keep moving away from hounds and crushers if grots fail to bog them down. If you have ravagers, use them instead of blasterborn. More effective on the move, with only one snapfiring weapon with 36" range, vs. 4 snapfiring 18" range blasters (maybe keep one for the venom and hope they dont get charged.).

His list is very maneuverable, so always be more so than him. Flat out half your army, and shoot with the rest, making fallback lines as you go. Use reavers to take objectives and cycle charge his heavy stuff.

lmjh1985
Slave
lmjh1985

PostSubject: Re: Advice against Khorne Daemonkin   Advice against Khorne Daemonkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 02 2017, 21:16

Thanks for the response! Sadly, our lists are set so I'm stuck using what I have listed (Raiders only have Disintegrator Cannons). The Skull Cannons and Maulerfiends...are they chariots/creatures with AV a la a lot of the Daemon book, or do they have T and W? I'm thinking if the later, my Scourges ain't gonna be doing much useful in this game.

I'm suspecting the Flesh Hounds are gonna be my first targets for my Venoms, and I'll be zipping my Blasterborn straight towards the Skull Cannons. I don't expect them to live much longer than a turn, but so be it!
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Advice against Khorne Daemonkin   Advice against Khorne Daemonkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 02 2017, 21:39

Disintegrators will be good against the hounds and crushers. Both are nasty up close and are hard to kill. The herald is also a "bad dude" (to quote the Donald). Try to keep your venoms alive, and play carousel with your entire army. Maulerfiend has hp, so use scourges/reavers on him. Try not to get in cc, unless you want a unit to die. He moves 12", so be warned (he also cant shoot if, I remember correctly). You can also try to protect venoms from cc by disembarking your troops and use the as bubble wrap if his FA is getting close enough to charge. I have no experience with the skull canons. Remember that reavers can shoot and move 2d6. I played for 6 months before I became aware of that. Focus fire on the closest unit.

Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Advice against Khorne Daemonkin   Advice against Khorne Daemonkin I_icon_minitimeWed May 03 2017, 15:47

Do not engage in CC use the grotesquerie to scare him away from you.
Do not focus on the cannons, they are not as good as they look against vehicles, and they respawn with blood points.
Shoot everything else off the table.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Advice against Khorne Daemonkin   Advice against Khorne Daemonkin I_icon_minitimeThu May 04 2017, 07:37

Don't forget you can overwatch out of open topped transports. The earlier advice on bubblewrapping is good. Ideally, don't let him get his faster CC units anywhere near the venoms if possible. Try and keep the venoms in cover so as not having to jink and lose the fire power.

The grotesques should be able to hold up the Khorne pups; try and hold midfield with them as long as they can. I can't say how well they will do against blood crushers as I've never encountered them. Its always better to get the charge than to be charged. Use the raiders to keep the grots safe until you can get the charge.

Also, similar to Ynnari, KDK only gain blood tithe for fully destroyed units. If possible leave a single guy or two and try and keep your opponent from bringing in summoned units.
Back to top Go down
lmjh1985
Slave
lmjh1985

PostSubject: Re: Advice against Khorne Daemonkin   Advice against Khorne Daemonkin I_icon_minitimeThu May 04 2017, 11:39

Well. thankfully, the game went well. We played The Scouring on the short table edges, which didn't give me much room for manoeuvring at all, so I spent the first two turns slowly backing away from the wall of Flesh Hounds and Blood Crushers (there were 21 Flesh Hounds and 9 Blood Crushers and a Herald on juggernaught, plus everything behind them.

It helped that I had a lucky roll on the Warlord Traits table so got the 'units within 12" reroll 1's; I roll a lot of 1's so it was incredibly useful! I also had a lucky turn of shooting where 1 Venom and the 5 Warriors on board managed to poison to death the unit of 3 blood crushers (1 wounded) with the Herald. My opponent had some exceptionally bad luck as he failed 11 Invulnerable saves and lost the entire unit. I lost a few units (both my Grotesques, on to the aforementioned Herald unit and the other tying up a Maulerfiend that they couldn't hurt in combat nor run away from thanks to Fearless).

In the end, I won 15-3 which is likely to put me at the top of the table :-) one more round to go and I may potentially win. Next game is probably against a Mech/Inquisition/Space Marine army led by the Uber Belisarius Cawl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice against Khorne Daemonkin   Advice against Khorne Daemonkin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice against Khorne Daemonkin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: