THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - Big models

Go down 
+9
TheBaconPope
BetrayTheWorld
TeenageAngst
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Creeping Darkness
Archon_91
Imateria
amishprn86
The Red King
13 posters
AuthorMessage
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 17:40

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/07/new-warhammer-40000-big-stuff-may7gw-homepage-post-4/
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 18:55

Yep just got home and read this, I am so getting a Tantulas now.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 19:28

I wonder how many wounds the Talos and Cronos will have now, and how they will be effected by the degradation.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 19:45

I just hope we actually get a "gargantuan" type model, yes I know the tantulas exists and I have one but ... It feels weak compared to any of the others ... And I feel like the coven would come up with something massive that is made up of at least some tyranid parts ... Or the wych cult arenas would have bread some kinda massive creature of that sort
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 20:24

I didn't even think about the tantalus getting stats.

Also my vote for gargantuan is and always will be a mandrake shadow king.

Wych
Imateria

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 22:16

The Red King wrote:
I didn't even think about the tantalus getting stats.

Also my vote for gargantuan is and always will be a mandrake shadow king.
Wouldn't that be just Kheradruak?, who is not a giant monster.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 22:25

I'm happy to see degradation. I would have liked an extra tier that kicked in around 75% personally but hey, it's still a big improvement. I just hope it applies to all vehicles and monstrous creatures in some way - I'm a bit concerned the Dread didn't have those funky asterisks.

It would be a curious inversion if now super-heavies and Gargantuans suffered in response to damage but ordinary vehicles didn't!

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeSun May 07 2017, 22:41

The shadow kings in the novels were large. But they were both being influenced by chaos so it could've affected their size

Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 00:46

The Red King wrote:
The shadow kings in the novels  were large.  But they were both being influenced by chaos so it could've  affected their size
When Bellathonis first met the shadow king he was a skinny guy. At the end, he was full on Nurgle, and was huge

Incubi
TeenageAngst

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 00:53

If only we had big models.

Or units good at taking down big models.

Or good units.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 01:07

That's a matter of perspective. If you hold them close enough to your eye, they look huge. lol!
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 01:19

Archon_91 wrote:
I just hope we actually get a "gargantuan" type model, yes I know the tantulas exists and I have one but ... It feels weak compared to any of the others ... And I feel like the coven would come up with something massive that is made up of at least some tyranid parts ... Or the wych cult arenas would have bread some kinda massive creature of that sort

If i remember correctly, there was a coven in our supplement that mobilized a living fortress to go give Bile a slap on the wrist. I'd imagine it to be a titan made of entire hive city's worth of people.

---

Balance seems to be something thrown around a lot this edition. If DE are going to get access to a titan, it's just going to be a keyword tossed onto a WK or something.

Even that seems unlikely, in truth. My main inquiry is how the True Kin are going to be re-balanced to effectively deal with superheavies. Are we going to get more killy so we can face them head on? Or are we going to be fast and expendable enough to ignore it? Or are we just going to be nerfed again, as usual?

Incubi
TeenageAngst

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 01:28

Poison is probably going to be cheap, readily available, and be a flat 4+ with a -1 rend. That alone, in sufficient volume, will take down anything regardless of its wound count.

Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 01:30

TheBaconPope wrote:
Archon_91 wrote:

If i remember correctly, there was a coven in our supplement that mobilized a living fortress to go give Bile a slap on the wrist. I'd imagine it to be a titan made of entire hive city's worth of people.

---

Balance seems to be something thrown around a lot this edition. If DE are going to get access to a titan, it's just going to be a keyword tossed onto a WK or something.

Even that seems unlikely, in truth. My main inquiry is how the True Kin are going to be re-balanced to effectively deal with superheavies. Are we going to get more killy so we can face them head on? Or are we going to be fast and expendable enough to ignore it? Or are we just going to be nerfed again, as usual?
Well, if the Lascannon is anything to go by the Dark Lance should at least be usable this time around, and I look forward to seeing what Voidlances do.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 01:32

TeenageAngst wrote:
Poison is probably going to be cheap, readily available, and be a flat 4+ with a -1 rend. That alone, in sufficient volume, will take down anything regardless of its wound count.
Why would it have an AP of -1 when the bolter didn't? I would also be very surprised to find that Poison works against vehicles.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 01:59

Imateria wrote:
TeenageAngst wrote:
Why would it have an AP of -1 when the bolter didn't? I would also be very surprised to find that Poison works against vehicles.

idk, why can my High AELF bowmen kill a Soulgrinder with arrows?

Because if the game designers don't care neither should we.

Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 09:01

If our darklances/blasters are similar to lascannon/melta guns (which they bloody well should be!) then lance spam will definitely be a thing again and our answer to the big guys... as it should be. Cool
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 09:48

Poison will be no AP, a fixed wound roll and a caveat that it is S1 vs models with the vehicle/orsimilar key word is my bet.

No way will they allow it to work on land raiders and heavier.

The reason the arrows of elves work (very badly) against a soul grinder is the big fleshy bit on top that's not covered in armoured ceramite and adamantium...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 10:01

Yeah Poison will always wound on a fix number with 0 modifiers.

I also agree it would have 0 effect on "vehicle" keywounds BUT Im sure it will still be able to hurt them (instead on a 6+ rather a 4+)

One of there goals is to make more things hurt more things.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 10:15

Although if everything can wound everything S1 isn't the handicap it used to be.

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 10:20

Maybe they will get a wound roll bonus?
That would actually be very nice.

Or they simply treat everything with a toughness over 9 as 9 whilst having a Strength of 8.
I can see that even if they are getting worse that way.

Maybe the Splinter rifles have a Strength of 3 and add +1 to the to Wound roll. That would be awesome sauce!
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 14:22

Creeping Darkness wrote:
Although if everything can wound everything S1 isn't the handicap it used to be.
Depends on how it's implemented. If it's a straight 6 then yes, not much of a handicap, but if it's 6's followed by 6's then you're wasting your time.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitimeMon May 08 2017, 14:26

I believe they're going down the 'combined fire' route rather than a simple "6 always wounds" mechanic (which would be pretty poor IMO).

Quote :
We’ll be back tomorrow with some good news for the little guys, when we look at how infantry work, and how combined firepower can be used to topple even the mightiest foes.

Sponsored content

8e - Big models Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Big models   8e - Big models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - Big models
Page 1 of 1