THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Something wicked this way comes...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
opheliate
Hellion

Something wicked this way comes... Empty
PostSubject: Something wicked this way comes...   Something wicked this way comes... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22 2011, 05:44

So I've been around for a week or so now, but haven't given a proper introduction and "hullo" yet, so here goes.

Been in the hobby for about 15 years, but this is the first time I get into 40K. Nefore now, I've pretty much only played Mordheim, which is a friggin brilliant game if you ask me Smile

Why did I choose DE then? Well, a little more than a year ago, some friends told me they were working on a desert board for their 40K games, and showed me some of their miniatures as well. I thought, hell yeah, I want in on that! So I started to think about a way to make a good desert raider themed army. I decided either Eldar (striking scorpions) or Dark Eldar (which have raiders!). Since the prospect of new models was far away by then (they hadn't even released the NEWS they were going to make them), I thought I had to do some crazy conversions to give them desert style robes and stuff.

Anyhow, new models came, I crapped my pants with bliss, needed some help on strategy and paintning, and, after some googling, ended up here, which seems a nice place Smile

I usually hang iout over at Boring Toms Mordheim Forum (which anyone interested in Mordheim should check out at boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/)

So, anyways... hello!
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: Something wicked this way comes...   Something wicked this way comes... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22 2011, 06:54

Hiyas!

I've played some Mordheim myself, have a Black Orc and Chaos Warband.

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
opheliate
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Something wicked this way comes...   Something wicked this way comes... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22 2011, 11:03

Spank you very much Smile

Im a Marienburger through and through when I play Mordheim, and the occasional Undead as well!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Something wicked this way comes...   Something wicked this way comes... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22 2011, 14:25

If you like desert-themed DE check this out:
https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t552-the-black-halo

Welcome aboard.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
opheliate
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Something wicked this way comes...   Something wicked this way comes... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22 2011, 14:32

I know Wink

They are awesome! THough myself, I will go for the desert raider, withered and torn armor and such (Think; Mad Max... but elves!)

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Something wicked this way comes...   Something wicked this way comes... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22 2011, 15:17

Will your archon have a khymera instead of an Australian cattle dog?
Something wicked this way comes... Max_rw

That would be awesome! You could really have fun with the theme mixing and matching bare wyche arms and warriors to get the whole rag-tag desert raider thing. Post pics when you get them going-some people on this site love stealing ideas Wink
Back to top Go down
opheliate
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Something wicked this way comes...   Something wicked this way comes... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23 2011, 15:29

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Will your archon have a khymera instead of an Australian cattle dog?
Something wicked this way comes... Max_rw

That would be awesome! You could really have fun with the theme mixing and matching bare wyche arms and warriors to get the whole rag-tag desert raider thing. Post pics when you get them going-some people on this site love stealing ideas Wink

Absolutely Smile

Hell, that idea of a "dog" with my Archon could work. Ill make the "dog" an Ur-Ghul companion! I think I got some Witch Hunter dogs lying around. Attach spikes = instant DE!

I will be sure to get some pics up at some point. I've put everything but the raider together, and painted five wyches in one day (only detail work and highlight left).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something wicked this way comes...   Something wicked this way comes... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something wicked this way comes...
Page 1 of 1