THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - Tau Up, and we are next!

Go down 
+12
Athalkar
Creeping Darkness
Tounguekutter
Painjunky
dumpeal
Archon_91
TeenageAngst
hekatrixxy
Devilogical
Dalamar
krayd
Skulnbonz
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

8e - Tau Up, and we are next! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Tau Up, and we are next!   8e - Tau Up, and we are next! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 17 2017, 04:18

krayd wrote:
CurstAlchemist wrote:

Wasn't non-mechanize infantry a thing for the Dark Eldar back in 3rd? It was before my time but I seem to remember people talking about having run their Kabalites in units of 20 back in the day.

Sort of.

You could get a unit of 10 kabalite warriors on foot with 2 dark lances for 100 pts. A lot of players filled out their non raider-mounted troop choices (unless they were playing a wych cult list) with these 10-man dark lance 'sniper' squads because they were cheap, provided anti-armor support, and held objectives. Sure, you *could* take a 20 man warrior squad on foot, but you couldn't get more than 2 dark lances, so 10 man squads were the preferred min-max choice.

You could also get a unit of 20 wyches on foot and have them pop out of a webway portal and attack whatever was in charge range. In 3.5th edition, wyches could reduce enemy WS by half while being attacked, remove their +1A for additional cc, had their 4+ dodge save, and agonizers ignored all armor saves.

Thanks for the explanation. I was going off of memory from years ago on second hand knowledge.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

8e - Tau Up, and we are next! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Tau Up, and we are next!   8e - Tau Up, and we are next! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 17 2017, 08:03

I sort of hope that both vehicles and footsloggers are viable.
Sure we are a fast first striking race, but I would love it if we had the option to do so without having 5-10 times the same vehicle in our army. I love the way venoms look, but after 3 or so I really want some other units as well.
Back to top Go down

8e - Tau Up, and we are next!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Other News & Rumours
-
Jump to: