THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

aggressive Advertisement

Go down 
+2
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

aggressive Advertisement  Empty
PostSubject: aggressive Advertisement    aggressive Advertisement  I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 13:50

This is my second try posting this. Aggressive pop up advertisement is redirecting me to some commercial site claiming I've won stuff.
This happens time and time again here when I'm on my phone and it really kills the fun and I have to close to advertisement tab and reopen the dark city and go to the destination I've been and...

Can you guys do something against that?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: aggressive Advertisement    aggressive Advertisement  I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 14:06

Is it the same sort of thing as shown here?

CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: aggressive Advertisement    aggressive Advertisement  I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 16:42

Yeah. Only in German and with different but similar layout of course.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: aggressive Advertisement    aggressive Advertisement  I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 16:50

Okay, our technical expertise is somewhat limited amongst the moderating staff these days but Gobs has passed it on to someone who will hopefully be able to help. I'll nudge him to remind him.

CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: aggressive Advertisement    aggressive Advertisement  I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 21:50

Thanks man!
It's like gambling right now if I reach the post I want and can comment.

Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: aggressive Advertisement    aggressive Advertisement  I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 13:26

Until it is resolved I can only recommend using the Plug-In called "AdBlock Plus" for Firefox. It's free and it blocks EVERYTHING and ALWAYS. I've been using it for years and have got so used to not seeing any advertisements ever anymore that I'm quite shocked whenever I use some other computer than mine... Razz

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: aggressive Advertisement    aggressive Advertisement  I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 01:03

I have sought technical help, and I have been searching through the help forum of our provider, and elsewhere on the Web. Haven't found anything definitive yet, but hopefully I can spend a lot more time on it this weekend.

I will let you know as soon as I find anything.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: aggressive Advertisement    aggressive Advertisement  I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 04:16

I've also been having some issues. In a few threads (most recently the transports one, I believe) I'm always greeted with a redirect by chrome due to potentionally malicious content. Now, of course I trust the integrity of my fellow denizens of the Dark City (famous last words, I know), but I do think that something needs to be done about this.

Not that it'll stop me from lurking in the shadows here, of course.

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: aggressive Advertisement    aggressive Advertisement  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06 2017, 01:12

Sad to hear issues with adverts on the forum, I stopped using sites such as BoLS due to their aggressive ads and would hate for one of our users to do something similar.

The main way to fix this is to kindly ask for donations.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: aggressive Advertisement    aggressive Advertisement  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

aggressive Advertisement
Page 1 of 1