THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Best units in 8th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jetie
Slave
Jetie

Best units in 8th Empty
PostSubject: Best units in 8th   Best units in 8th I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02 2017, 12:42

Just spitballing units which seems very good.
Seercouncils! 2+ to wound each, and can kick out ALOT of mortal wounds.
Also all necron units with quantum Sheilding!
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Best units in 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best units in 8th   Best units in 8th I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 05 2017, 22:00

While i totally agree on the Quantum Shielding being totally OP (even though Dissies can handle them well), many Necrons vehicles feel odd right now. I played a game vs a Doomsday Arch recently, and the D3 attacks, combined with D6 dmg, makes it really unreliable. Ghost Arks also lost Open Topped, which is a huge deal.
The most OP i have faced is the Trygon Prime, which can 9 inch deep strike at turn 1, and deploy embarked troops on the turn it arrives (!!!), which leads to 1st turn Genestealers charges. Very, very nasty.

Hekatrix
|Meavar

Best units in 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best units in 8th   Best units in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 06:50

Those charges are the same as for all other deep striking units.
After leaving the tunnel everyone still has to be more then 9 away of ennemy models.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

Best units in 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best units in 8th   Best units in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 06:55

Only the Genestealers cannot charge our planes. Just put some planes into your list and wrap if you are afraid of their charge. :-D

Everything in 8th has usually a hard counter. Even the swarm/horrors/conscript swarms.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

Best units in 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best units in 8th   Best units in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 08:41

What is the hard horde counter?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Best units in 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best units in 8th   Best units in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 09:49

More hard horde.

Yesterday I watched an army of over a hundred Poxwalkers taking on a Warrior heavy Necron army. Its was really painful to watch.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
aurynn
Incubi

Best units in 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best units in 8th   Best units in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 10:26

A friend of mine ploughed through brimstone spam with berserkers for example.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

Best units in 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best units in 8th   Best units in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 12:03

That is not an hard counter that is just a question of which army does horde the best?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Best units in 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best units in 8th   Best units in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 12:12

|Meavar wrote:

That is not an hard counter that is just a question of which army does horde the best?
The basic counter to hordes is moral, but most horde armies have moral shenanigans. So it breaks down to : how can you deprieve them of their moral shenanigans ?
Against Tyrannids, very simple, since the synapse are almost always targetable. Against IG, you'd need snipers to get rid of the commissar. Orks on the other hand are very hard to deal with, since they have 2 excellent rules to cancel moral checks.
Fortunatly we have some moral shenanigans as well. Last week i trashed a "horde" necron player (2 units of 20 warriors with Orikan for 5+ invulnerable bubble and +1 protocole, and Anrakyr for +1 attacks and "My will be done" in a 750pts game), and moral played a huge role : i could OS one of his 20-man units every turn as he lost 6-7 man to moral checks (thanks PGL).
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

Best units in 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best units in 8th   Best units in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 14:59

I didnt mean horde of berserkers. Very Happy It was a list he uses normally and it certainly is not a horde with its dinobots, Fire Raptor and Achilles, 1 unit of zerkers, 1 unit of Termies, Bikers and some psykery.

Killed a majority of them and won on VPs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best units in 8th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best units in 8th   Best units in 8th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best units in 8th
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-