THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cluster caltrops wording makes me think...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

Cluster caltrops wording makes me think... Empty
PostSubject: Cluster caltrops wording makes me think...   Cluster caltrops wording makes me think... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04 2017, 17:57

...'for each enemy unit within 1" of a model with cluster caltrops that Falls Back' in this phrase is the enemy unit that falls back or the model with cluster caltrops?
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Cluster caltrops wording makes me think...   Cluster caltrops wording makes me think... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04 2017, 18:03

Yeah I think many people misread it. It's not completely clear but to me it's: if the reavers leave the combat, they release the caltrops... which actually makes sense because in real world caltrops are something you use to damage someone running after you.

So yes, they are an instrument to help reavers if you want to use them as a shooty unit and not staying in close combat.

Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Cluster caltrops wording makes me think...   Cluster caltrops wording makes me think... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04 2017, 18:18

That way they get more useful than grav-talons, you get to use every turn, if you get charged or you charge, and it discourages small unit to try to tarpit them.
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Cluster caltrops wording makes me think...   Cluster caltrops wording makes me think... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04 2017, 19:35

it depends... if you leave combat (using caltrops) later on you won't be able to charge again... so it works more if you want them to be shooty... if you want them in close combat you probably prefer to have that attack before your enemy, not later on.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cluster caltrops wording makes me think...   Cluster caltrops wording makes me think... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cluster caltrops wording makes me think...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: