THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament

Go down 
+2
Todo13
The Strange Dude
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament Empty
PostSubject: Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament   Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 07:44

While looking over a list in the army list section a evil thought struck me using the combo of a raider fitted with shock prow and flickerfield. Tank shock your opponent (preferably with an empty raider) making sure only his uber-character/MC can Death or Glory it now if his pride and joy decides to go for it and pens you have a fair chance of killing him A) If he rolls a weapon destroyed or B) If you make your Flickerfield Save. You could also add a TGL so there is a chance they'll be running before they get chance to hit you.

This post is sponsored by coffee and a lack of sleep.

Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament   Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 11:11

Hmm I had thought of enhanced aethersails, shock prow and TGL, I will have to try this with one of my raiders, I was wondering if there was a way to make death or glory less likely, I geuss this is it!
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament   Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 19:15

Don't forget, those shock prows can be used to help herd your opponents into your ground units to make sure you are in close combat range!
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament   Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 12:50

I actually do this on my ravagers and a few raiders. So far they haven't done much.
...except allow all the passengers to shoot an extra inch, cause the shock prow adds a bit of length to the hull Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament   Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 09:20

I think the prows are worth it.

Lots of uses.

1. Herding units closer to your wych assault
2. Pushing units off objectives
3. Use as a giant missile in later turns

I dont bother with the flickerfield either. Those are for ravagers only.

Note that only a model actually pushed by the raider can death or glory. You can often avoid the power fist and take a crack missile hit instead.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament   Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 17:30

I Tank Shocked a Squad of Paladins off of an objective a few days ago, after my ravager flew 2 feet across the table.

These things are great, bottom of turn 5 and suddenly every vehicle I have has become a guided missile.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament   Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 17:40

If I'm correct, Flicker Field prevent you from any damage, including Ramming "backfire". Also worth considering if You apir it with Sails (s10 hit Smile).

And yes, Prowls are awesome. It's just Uber version of Ork Rams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament   Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dirty tricks for aspiring Archons part 1 - Raider gets a new hood ornament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: