THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

So, Harlequins have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

So, Harlequins  have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point... Empty
PostSubject: So, Harlequins have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point...   So, Harlequins  have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08 2017, 04:43

Why?

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

So, Harlequins  have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, Harlequins have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point...   So, Harlequins  have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08 2017, 06:00

Because GW does not want us to break their devilishly clever points evaluation formula... :-D
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: So, Harlequins have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point...   So, Harlequins  have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08 2017, 07:25

I assume its something to do with points on the various models who can upgrade to other weapons... but I struggle to justify that answer...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: So, Harlequins have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point...   So, Harlequins  have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 05:10

I mean, it effectively increases a base player or Troupe Master's cost to 16 or 60 respectively, whilst effectively reducing the cost of the Kiss, Caress and Embrace by 1 point when those models upgrade to carry them.

There being precisely one other model in the entire game that can carry any of those upgrades (Solitaire), I can see no justification for that difference in the name of "balancing a weapon's cost across multiple units". If that were the issue, they could simply adjust the Solitaire's base cost.

I think that perhaps (given other instances of shoddy editing) the Harlequin's Blade may have, at one point, given a slight rules bonus (may make 1 extra attack with this weapon, or similar, we've seen these elsewhere). Hence the points cost, but this rule was removed, whilst the item and points cost remained.

GW! Get better at edting! Iz Improtnat!

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, Harlequins have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point...   So, Harlequins  have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, Harlequins have a S user, AP 0 D, 1 Melee weapon as base that costs 1 point...
Page 1 of 1