THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cannon born?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

Cannon born? Empty
PostSubject: Cannon born?   Cannon born? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 15:05

I have been wanting to run cannon born for some time now. I see many people running blaster or even lance born for 8th. If going competitive with not troops and all elites is splinter fire needed?
Back to top Go down
Razorfate
Kabalite Warrior

Cannon born? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon born?   Cannon born? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 15:28

Since splinter cannons have an effective range of 18" cannonborns would need a venom or raider to ride by. This makes them expensive. Venomfire is more ideal for splinter cannons. Trueborns would go well with blasters inside venom and share the same effective range
Back to top Go down
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

Cannon born? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon born?   Cannon born? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 15:33

Indeed but running 2x cannon and 2x blasters in a venom give 24 splinter shots and 2 blaster shots at 18in plus you get 12 splinter shots at 36in.
Back to top Go down
Kehmor
Kabalite Warrior
Kehmor

Cannon born? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon born?   Cannon born? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 16:31

Surely just pay 3 extra points for scourges? Extra 7 inch movement and guaranteed deep strike and you can take 4 cannons. Plus better armor save and an invuln

Edit: in fact outside of slot space I can't see any reason to take true born over scourges. Considering they come with carbines as standard as well
Back to top Go down
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

Cannon born? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon born?   Cannon born? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 18:22

If in a venom they will survive longer
Back to top Go down
Kehmor
Kabalite Warrior
Kehmor

Cannon born? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon born?   Cannon born? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 18:49

Subsanity wrote:
If in a venom they will survive longer

At that point for blasterborn in a double cannon venom you're talking 210 points

For 260 you could have two units of blaster scourges. Against bolters it would take about 45 shots to kill the scourges and 61 shots to kill the venom and trueborn. But if you throw heavy weapons against the venom... not so much.
Back to top Go down
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

Cannon born? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon born?   Cannon born? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 20:34

Well I have five venoms I need to do something with them lol
Back to top Go down
the_scotsman
Hellion
the_scotsman

Cannon born? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon born?   Cannon born? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13 2017, 20:37

I tested double cannon double shredder born in a one cannon venom and they absolutely cleaned up against a conscript blob army, but I don't have many games of 8th under my belt yet so I can't say I know they're amazing.
Back to top Go down
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

Cannon born? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon born?   Cannon born? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13 2017, 22:10

Im going to make one venom with cannon born and 3 blasters to ride behind my troops to play test it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cannon born? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannon born?   Cannon born? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cannon born?
Page 1 of 1