THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

blast pistol worth it?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

blast pistol worth it?  Empty
PostSubject: blast pistol worth it?    blast pistol worth it?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 23:08

On witches? Yeah. But what about Kabalite Warriors? It's only 6 inches
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: blast pistol worth it?    blast pistol worth it?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 23:10

I don't know, with all Raiders and Venoms having fly, unless you expect to blow up in combat anyway and will be disembarking, I still find the Blaster range more worthwhile.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: blast pistol worth it?    blast pistol worth it?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 23:55

I perfectly like it, but i play a bit differently.

I like to get my 5mans into melee turn 3-4 to get even more wounds in when many of the threats are off the table and i dont need to worry about get a unit shot to death.

All my games so far turn 5 had at least 85% the models/units dead (besides against 1 Swarm nids army, that was only be i had some mistakes and ran away for 2 turns).

All my Warriors have a Blast Pistol, Agoniser, and Blaster

This might change soon after 5-10 more games tho.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
BlastaRasta
Hellion
BlastaRasta

PostSubject: Re: blast pistol worth it?    blast pistol worth it?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 10:43

Had a few instances last night were a sybrite was left in combat with a daemon prince and a unit within 7' died so I soul burst her to shoot her blast pistol whilst in CC.. a dubious to wound roll made it unsuccessful but on another day I would have popped it..
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: blast pistol worth it?    blast pistol worth it?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 10:47

I don't like them. You have to spam to make them work. Then you can realize how many points you have spent in there.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: blast pistol worth it?    blast pistol worth it?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 10:48

Wyches just dont do enough damage and will get stuck in Combat, thats why i take them.

I've played Wyches my last 3 games, they didnt even kill 3 models each round of combat Sad

Back to top Go down
BlastaRasta
Hellion
BlastaRasta

PostSubject: Re: blast pistol worth it?    blast pistol worth it?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 17:13

amishprn86 wrote:
Wyches just dont do enough damage and will get stuck in Combat, thats why i take them.

I've played Wyches my last 3 games, they didnt even kill 3 models each round of combat  Sad

Everyday I'm a little bit more convinced wyches are a support unit ment to charge with a stronger unit such as incubi.. the wyches hold the unit in CC and the incubi do the damage..
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: blast pistol worth it?    blast pistol worth it?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 17:23

At that point you get 2-3 more Incubi and then you dont need the Wyches at all....

Back to top Go down
BlastaRasta
Hellion
BlastaRasta

PostSubject: Re: blast pistol worth it?    blast pistol worth it?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 18:10

amishprn86 wrote:
At that point you get 2-3 more Incubi and then you dont need the Wyches at all....

Well, you still want to come out of the opposition squad in their turn..

Tried and tested tactics don't die over night..
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: blast pistol worth it?    blast pistol worth it?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 18:17

Just depends on the tactics you are going for, for me i tend to hold charges back till late game.

Also, we can consolidate into combat now, 8 bodies can bubble wrap and get close to enemies easier, we dont have to be BTB anymore and just needs to be within 1", we effectively can consolidate from 1 group to another that is within 5".

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: blast pistol worth it?    blast pistol worth it?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

blast pistol worth it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: