THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 TAC first list Counter Offensive

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

2000 TAC first list Counter Offensive Empty
PostSubject: 2000 TAC first list Counter Offensive   2000 TAC first list Counter Offensive I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10 2017, 11:17

Just been watching a few battle reports and seeing people's lists so I wanted to try a list to handle a few situations. It's very different from what I'm used to, as I was a heavy Venom Spam list in 5th, 6th and 7th and I really liked that army.

Just from my observations, games will be played a shorter range from each other than what we were used to so I decided I needed shooting couple with elements of a counter charge so that when the enemy comes in close I have units that can beat them back hard. Apologies if it isn't strict dark eldar but you just really want ynnari on your shooty dark eldar as power from pain won't be the best for them. I indulged a bit of waste in the list by taking the Yncarne but I actually don't think he is that bad in this edition and I want to see what he's got in my first games because he is so neat.

List 2000 Points
Dark Eldar Vanguard Detachment
Farseer Singing Spear =120
Mandrakes x9 =171
Mandrakes x9 =171
Incubi x 5 =90
Venom for Incubi, x2 Splinter Cannons =95
Razorwing Flock x 9 =63

Ynnari Spearhead Detachment
Yncarne (Warlord, probably take the extra 6+ ignore wound as warlord trait) =337
Scourges x5, x4 Dark Lance =150
Scourges x5, x4 Dark Lance =150
Ravager x3 Dark Lances, Shock Prow =156
Ravager x3 Disintegrators = 185

Just some thoughts on the list. I'm unsure about the incubi but it wanted to give them a try. Perhaps they need a better army to support them with and I could just as easily trade for mandrakes or something. I am a big fan of mandrakes if you weren't aware and I want to give them a try here before I judge if they are too expensive.
I went with a farseer for doom, as I feel now more than ever because of model's getting more durable, focus firing a model down is important. His other power would honestly just be fortune because but most likely he sticks to smiting and dooming things.
Yncarne is obvious Word of the Pheonix and Ancestor's Grace. The reroll ones on the scourges or Ravagers is good and so is the soulburst. I have seen people argue you can Pheonix the Ravagers but I'm unsure. I think starting the scourges on the board is fine if going first and then you can soulburst with one if the other dies meaning you technically have 3 units of scourges.
I'm expecting a lot of deepstrike first turn try to charge so I have flocks as a very disposable screen and then I have the incubi to counter charge or to rush up, hide and assasinate. The mandrakes also drop in for some sheer brutality. They can shoot at one unit and if it's doomed can do some surprising damage if I get 6's. In this way, if my opponent throws anything at me early, I have the Yncarne, 2 units of mandrakes and the incubi to kick the crap out of it.

Anyways I bet there are better lists. This is just the one I want to try for my first games to see how it fairs out.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 2000 TAC first list Counter Offensive   2000 TAC first list Counter Offensive I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 11 2017, 13:35

Why not just go full Ynnari? Nothing in either list benefits from either special rules over the others.

Incubi and Mandrakes are nice with PfP, but also they equally benefit from SfD, if anything dies they both become stronger, tho PfP will give them a 6+++ and 2+ to hit in melee (But is that better than 2x attacks?).

Farseer imo is best in Ynnari for sure, Smite mix with other units (like Mandrakes) can do many mortal wounds and Dbl casting Smite is a good way to bring down invul save guys.

The Razorwing Flock i'd say is what benefits the most from PfP, but if you are using it as a wound sink and screening unit then does it really matter?

The Vehicles being in back killing things will make it even easier for you to get Soul Burst actions off for your Incubi, Mandrakes and Yncarne.

Just my 0.2c

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: 2000 TAC first list Counter Offensive   2000 TAC first list Counter Offensive I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 11 2017, 15:42

It's hard to gauge the effectiveness of soulburst. I know its good! Like it was crazy in 7th edition. The mandrakes can't be ynnari. Its a specific thing about a ynnari army. The incubi would be good but they also benefit from pfp too if I hold them back. Its a tough call and I want to experience it either way but why they are pfp currently and not SfD is that I need 3 units of elites in that detachment and I'm not sure if I can just make them ynnari while everything else isn't.

The razorwings don't matter since they can't SfD or PfP. They have neither rule and can't soulburst because they aren't infantry or bikers.

The Farseer for sure I like in any dark eldar army since he's aeldari. He just gives much more utility then the archon though the archon is hella cheap now. But psychic defense couple with Doom and smite is just too useful. Guide and fortune don't really matter but doom just applies to the enemy and dark eldar poison weapons, mandrake mortal wounds and wanting to ensure those dark lances make it too important. I really wanted to get synergy when removing one or two important pieces a turn

Edit* I was also just thinking that soulbursting on the incubi is less important because I want to hold them in the transport until those right moments so they couldn't make use of some early souldburst actions.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 2000 TAC first list Counter Offensive   2000 TAC first list Counter Offensive I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 11 2017, 19:07

Ohyeah thats right Mandrakes and Coven cant be

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 TAC first list Counter Offensive   2000 TAC first list Counter Offensive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 TAC first list Counter Offensive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: