THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Celestine the Fallen [WIP]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Celestine the Fallen [WIP] Empty
PostSubject: Celestine the Fallen [WIP]   Celestine the Fallen [WIP] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12 2017, 19:46

With the new rules, I'm considering trying St. Celestine in my IG army. However, whilst I like her rules, the model never appealed to me and the fluff doesn't really fit my army.

So, for a bit of fun, I thought I'd have a go at making a sort of fallen version of Celestine and her bodyguards. Why post it here? Well, my fallen angel and her revenants are made almost entirely from DE parts.  Smile

This is what I've got so far:

Spoiler:

(Sorry if they're a bit hard to see - black doesn't show up detail well.)

Only the Fallen's wings are painted so far (the other bits of colour are from old paint schemes and will be painted over).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had thoughts for possible embellishments or such for my Fallen? I was thinking of using some of the chains from Raiders/Venoms to replicate Celestine's flowing banners. Any ideas for what could replace her doves?

Any other thoughts or suggestions?
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Celestine the Fallen [WIP]   Celestine the Fallen [WIP] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13 2017, 17:28

Had a go at painting the scythe. It's a technique I've used before, but this is the first time I've tried to do it freehand, rather than drybrushing it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Celestine the Fallen [WIP]   Celestine the Fallen [WIP] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13 2017, 18:10

Cool idea, I think she turned out well as a kitbash.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Celestine the Fallen [WIP]   Celestine the Fallen [WIP] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14 2017, 14:03

Ooh nice! I'm a big fan of using rules as just guidelines for what a particular model can be, and then making something different to represent them Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Celestine the Fallen [WIP]   Celestine the Fallen [WIP] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15 2017, 17:34

Cheers, guys.

Did some more work today - had a go at doing the armour, the horns and skull, the rock and the armour. I also added a blue glaze to the wings and weapon to make the former more vivid and help blur the colours of the scythe a bit better.

Spoiler:

The armour is still a little too drab for my tastes. I might try to brighten the highlights or give it a hint of colour.

I'm still considering whether I want to add some chains or other embellishments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celestine the Fallen [WIP]   Celestine the Fallen [WIP] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celestine the Fallen [WIP]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: