THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Overwatch from transport contents?

Go down 
+2
CurstAlchemist
Hellstrom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

Overwatch from transport contents? Empty
PostSubject: Overwatch from transport contents?   Overwatch from transport contents? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14 2017, 10:52

I saw something somewhere about Orks and someone else having it stated somewhere in their Indices that they can fire overwatch from their Open Topped transports. Does that mean that we can't ????
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch from transport contents?   Overwatch from transport contents? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14 2017, 18:04

Trukk and Battlewagon Open-Topped: "Models embarked on the model can attack in their shooting phase. Measure the range and draw line of sight from any point on this model. when they do so any restrictions or modifiers that apply to this model also apply to its passengers; for example, the passengers cannot shoot if this model has Fallen Back in the same turn, cannot shoot (except with pistols) if this model is within 1" of the enemy unit and so on."

Raider and Venom Open-Topped: "Models embarked on the model can attack in their shooting phase. Measure the range and draw line of sight from any point on this model. when they do so any restrictions or modifiers that apply to this model also apply to its passengers; for example, the passengers cannot shoot if this model has Fallen Back in the same turn, cannot shoot (except with pistols) if this model is within 1" of the enemy unit and so on. Note: that the passengers cannot shoot if the model Falls Back, even though the Raider/Venom itself can."

So nowhere does either rule state that you may overwatch with the passengers for these vehicles. The only things it allows is for you to fall back and shoot pistols or shoot in the shooting phase with the passengers.

Edit: I went over all the infantry models and non-grant the ability to overwatch while in an open-topped vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch from transport contents?   Overwatch from transport contents? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14 2017, 19:52

Looks like we're one step ahead of the green skins.

Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch from transport contents?   Overwatch from transport contents? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14 2017, 23:11

Overwatch does not occur in the shooting phase - it occurs in the charge phase.

Open-topped allows us to shoot in the shooting phase - says nothing about doing so in the charge phase

Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch from transport contents?   Overwatch from transport contents? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15 2017, 16:44

Well. That sucks balls.
Back to top Go down
BlastaRasta
Hellion
BlastaRasta

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch from transport contents?   Overwatch from transport contents? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16 2017, 15:30

Well, it doesn't say anywhere specifically that we can't..

However, you can only fire overwatch if you are charged. one train of thought is that the venom is being charged not the unit inside.. therefore, the unit inside cannot overwatch just the venom.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch from transport contents?   Overwatch from transport contents? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16 2017, 16:02

BlastaRasta wrote:
Well, it doesn't say anywhere specifically that we can't..

More importantly, in a permissive ruleset such as 40K, it doesn't say that we can.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overwatch from transport contents?   Overwatch from transport contents? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overwatch from transport contents?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: