THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Custom mandrake

Go down 
+2
Azdrubael
RedRegicide
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

Custom mandrake Empty
PostSubject: Custom mandrake   Custom mandrake I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15 2017, 11:59

I want to do custom mandrakes because i find their robes kinda lame and they are really expensive

I saw this online:
Custom mandrake Img_0110

Was considering something similar, wanted a different head.
I think I'm gonna use that ugly C shaped wych blade for most of them.

Thoughts?

Incubi
Azdrubael

Custom mandrake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom mandrake   Custom mandrake I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15 2017, 16:14

Cool stuff. Its Kabalites Crew from raiders, i think Wracks sickles, Bases from Miniature-art and skulls from i dont know where. Very cool work.

RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

Custom mandrake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom mandrake   Custom mandrake I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15 2017, 16:17

Thanks! If you can think of any other cool options lemme know. I really want to keep them an inky black, and I want to stick with eldar-Esque heads

Hellion
Daspien

Custom mandrake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom mandrake   Custom mandrake I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27 2017, 20:46

For me the obvious choice would be using the heads of the Executioners from Dark Elves from fantasy, they are elf skull masks, In fact I will try it also!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Custom mandrake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom mandrake   Custom mandrake I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27 2017, 20:55

I just use spirit hosts from age of sigmar. You can see them in my kabal section (link in signature).

Wych
RedRegicide

Custom mandrake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom mandrake   Custom mandrake I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27 2017, 21:03

I had considered spirit hosts, and sister of slaughter heads. I'll check out executioner heads as well.

Right now I'm considering wyches with some hammy weapons, and green stuff

Incubi

Custom mandrake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom mandrake   Custom mandrake I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27 2017, 21:46

I tried to make my own mandrakes from old wyches and greenstuff.
This is one of the WIPs. I paused working on them as I won't be using them in near future.
They were supposed to be "coming from shadows" - covered in writhing strands of darkness.
Custom mandrake 20170611
Custom mandrake 20170610
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

Custom mandrake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom mandrake   Custom mandrake I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 00:37

I really like that! And the ugly C knife found its place haha

If you paint the shadows a purple-black as well as the mandrake purple-black, and have it fade into pure black I think it could look really cool

Incubi

Custom mandrake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom mandrake   Custom mandrake I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28 2017, 07:36

Yea. That was the idea. I didnt like the glowing runes carved in the flesh of the GW paintjob. And the overall look of radioactive hobos. My idea was to keep the whole model very dark and shadowy with decent highlights to define the edges with just a little glow on the eyes and such. Perhaps light grey hair to have the model darken towards the ground. The overall feel should not be neon-bright, but sinister. thats why I even filed the mouths out of the faces.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

Custom mandrake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom mandrake   Custom mandrake I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 12:00

"Radioactive hobos" haha xD

Can't wait to see your job done, the first mandrake looks promising enough.

I guess i'll give a try on spirit hosts, the miniatures looks fantastic *-*

Custom mandrake 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Custom mandrake 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

Custom mandrake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom mandrake   Custom mandrake I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07 2017, 18:18

It will take a while. I have other projects that are more important, but I want to finish at least one as a  sculpting practice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Custom mandrake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom mandrake   Custom mandrake I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom mandrake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-