THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Raider in Combat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

Raider in Combat Empty
PostSubject: Raider in Combat   Raider in Combat I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16 2017, 20:16

Howdy y'all, just watched a Dark Eldar battlerep done by Mini War Gaming and I have a couple of questions regarding the raiders/venoms in combat.

First off. If the raider is in combat but is not surrounded are we allowed to disembark our troops from inside the raider?

Secondly, are we allowed to shoot the wyches into the combat that the raider is in?

It seems sketchy at best and I would love for some help finding the rules regarding that. But if these are true, wyches might be more viable.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

Raider in Combat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider in Combat   Raider in Combat I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16 2017, 22:31

You can disembark if you can place the models within 3" of the Raider and not within 1" of enemy models (Transport on p183). That may even be possible if you are surrounded.

You can't fire at a unit that is within 1" of an enemy unit (Choose Targets p179), so Wyches can't fire their pistols into the unit in combat with a Raider.

However, if the Wyches are in combat then they can fire with Pistols at the nearest unit (Pistol p180).

You could disembark then have the Raider fall back so you can shoot with the Wyches, but keeping the Raider in combat means you don't risk overwatch to get the Wyches in.

Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

Raider in Combat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider in Combat   Raider in Combat I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16 2017, 23:01

So if the wyches are embarked, and their raider is in combat, the wyches, since they are not "on the table" do not count as if they are in combat, and thus cannot shoot into combat.

So then can the occupants of the raider still shoot into other units then? units that aren't in combat?

Would wyches/kabalites be able to shoot a character that was hiding behind the unit charged? or does the unit charged still count as "The closest target?"

Sybarite
Faitherun

Raider in Combat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider in Combat   Raider in Combat I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 01:58

Pistols let you shoot in CC... and I clearly remember reading on one of the warhammer reveal pages that you can shoot pistols out of a transport into cc...

I'll have to find it

Edit:

Found it:
"This being open-topped too, the passengers in it can shoot normally even after that huge 16″ move, and still shoot pistols into units that are in combat with their Transport in their own Shooting phase!"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/21/new-warhammer-40000-transports-may21gw-homepage-post-4/
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

Raider in Combat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider in Combat   Raider in Combat I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 04:59

An open topped transports occupants may fire during the shooting phase following all restrictions that apply to their transport (paraphrased) so during the shooting phase you cam shoot with the pistols following all restrictions. In this case the only restriction is that you must shoot the closest unit with the pistols (if you're within 1" of an enemy) which the transport is.

Wych
Barrywise

Raider in Combat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider in Combat   Raider in Combat I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 06:02

Faitherun wrote:

Edit:

Found it:
"This being open-topped too, the passengers in it can shoot normally even after that huge 16″ move, and still shoot pistols into units that are in combat with their Transport in their own Shooting phase!"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/21/new-warhammer-40000-transports-may21gw-homepage-post-4/

YOOOOO, I need to try that out with Wyches now. Realistically though, we should run the mathammer for GEQ, Necron Equivalent, MEQ and TEQ for which troop choice in a transport and if it makes more sense to stick in the vehicle or get out after it charges in. A shame though that the units inside can't shoot after falling back from melee

The Red King wrote:
. In this case the only restriction is that you must shoot the closest unit with the pistols (if you're within 1" of an enemy) which the transport is.

So that a no go for Kabalites shooting from the raider into a unit out of combat, while the raider is in combat. Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Vathek
Hellion
Vathek

Raider in Combat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider in Combat   Raider in Combat I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17 2017, 17:25

Disembark troops. Out if 1 inch of enemy. Out of combat.
Fall back with raider.
Shoot.
If desired charge unit with kaballites
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raider in Combat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raider in Combat   Raider in Combat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raider in Combat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY ::