THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Terrible scenarios for dark eldar

Go down 
+4
Deneris
a1elbow
Thor665
Todo13
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

Terrible scenarios for dark eldar Empty
PostSubject: Terrible scenarios for dark eldar   Terrible scenarios for dark eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 02:46

What are the worst custom missions that you have played with DE?

Mine is probably, all vehicles must start in reserve and there's a bane made that attacks whatever's closest to it, yay for drip feeding raiders to baneblade+nids, shoud've been an easy win too…
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Terrible scenarios for dark eldar   Terrible scenarios for dark eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 02:48

Pretty much every DE mission in Battle Missions comes to mind. They're basically all made to split up and control your deployment in such a way as to lessen your effectiveness.

Back to top Go down
a1elbow
Kabalite Warrior
a1elbow

PostSubject: Re: Terrible scenarios for dark eldar   Terrible scenarios for dark eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 03:01

Thor665 wrote:
Pretty much every DE mission in Battle Missions comes to mind. They're basically all made to split up and control your deployment in such a way as to lessen your effectiveness.

I've found very few people who want to play the Battle Missions scenarios.

I remember one time me and my opponent agreed to do one randomly selected. The scenario did some thin where he had to deploy his entire army in the middle of the field and I had to split my force into two or three groups and move on from different areas of the board. His army was DS Blood Angels, mine was Sisters. Obviously, we didn't play that mission.

I am generally against the missions people design to nerf 5th edition books (since you could just have a retro tournament to protect your out dated army people), but the ones where units that can move 12" or more a turn are worth double KP/VP are killer for DE. I think my usual 2k list is worth over thirty KPs under those rules. Put me up against a GK Paladin list and I have almost four times the potential points he does.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: Terrible scenarios for dark eldar   Terrible scenarios for dark eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 04:24

I'm not looking forward to using my Assault-heavy haemonculi force as the "defenders" in a Planetstrike mission... "Alright... we'll just hunker down behind these mon-keigh walls and hope the attackers don't have any long-range guns..."
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Terrible scenarios for dark eldar   Terrible scenarios for dark eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 18:37

From the 3 standard deployments, I've always found Spearhead to be really annoying for us (on the othe rhand, Dawn of War is great). Both armies have to be bunched up fairly close to eachother, which can be good if we're up against Tau or something, but against the majority of armies we're liekly to face (IG and Marines of all kinds), it just means they can set up a big parking lot of chimeras/razorbacks, and it's very difficult for us to outrange them. From my experience, Dark Eldar work best when they can use their manouverability to focus on one part of the enemy force at time, while remainign out of the range of the rest of the army. In Spearhed it's narly impossible to manouver so that the huge tank blob can't shoot at you.

theblackjackal
Hellion
theblackjackal

PostSubject: Re: Terrible scenarios for dark eldar   Terrible scenarios for dark eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 20:35

I dunno, Nomic. My Tau nemesis seems to hate spearhead when going up against me. Of course, I haven't been able to play against him for a while, so that might not be true anymore, but he hated the fact that I could control 3/4 of the board in my first movement phase and force him to split his fire among three groups.

https://sites.google.com/site/frontier2170
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Terrible scenarios for dark eldar   Terrible scenarios for dark eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 03:33

Nomic wrote:
From the 3 standard deployments, I've always found Spearhead to be really annoying for us (on the other hand, Dawn of War is great). Both armies have to be bunched up fairly close to each other, which can be good if we're up against Tau or something, but against the majority of armies we're likely to face (IG and Marines of all kinds), it just means they can set up a big parking lot of chimeras/razorbacks, and it's very difficult for us to out-range them. From my experience, Dark Eldar work best when they can use their maneuverability to focus on one part of the enemy force at time, while remaining out of the range of the rest of the army. In Spearhed it's nearly impossible to maneuver so that the huge tank blob can't shoot at you.
Personally, of the 3, I find Spear head to be the best for us for both the kill points and d3+2 objectives missions. Both of these allow us to "trap" our opponent in their deployment zone rather effectively and play target practice with them (we want to go first but we dont have to). Dawn of War is great for kill points or objective in each deployment zone (also a deployment I will always try to go second on) because it allows us to play a bit of cat and mouse in the deployment phase. I find pitched battle, for all scenarios, I end up wishing was spearhead (especially if I am going 2nd.) Castling up or battle line I always end up losing too much in the first turn to be able to actually be able to play for anything more than a draw, and most times its a struggle to just not get tabled by the end of it.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Terrible scenarios for dark eldar   Terrible scenarios for dark eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 00:35

Deneris wrote:
I'm not looking forward to using my Assault-heavy haemonculi force as the "defenders" in a Planetstrike mission... "Alright... we'll just hunker down behind these mon-keigh walls and hope the attackers don't have any long-range guns..."

I think defending in Planetstrike in general would be hard. Can anyone make a decent list for that?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Terrible scenarios for dark eldar   Terrible scenarios for dark eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 00:47

Planetstrike Defenders are allowed no restrictions on Heavy and Troop slots.
What are our best slots...Heavy and Troop you say? Excellent!

Officially Defender is also the sole one who sets up the terrain - which is, by definition, one of the most broken and advantageous things you can give to a general. I remember a mission I played out of 'Battle Missions' that basically allowed you to put out barbed wire or tank traps (they were hindering terrain for infantry and mech respectively) I basically placed out nothing but tank traps in a way that slashed up my opponent's deployment zone to the degree he had trouble moving around to support his own units - all while my skimmers gleefully flew over everything.

If anyone was actually silly enough to play Planetstrike with a competitive mindset - the Defender wins every time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrible scenarios for dark eldar   Terrible scenarios for dark eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terrible scenarios for dark eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: