THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Some considerations about IW

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Some considerations about IW Empty
PostSubject: Some considerations about IW   Some considerations about IW I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 18:35

I also play Chaos Space Marines, more exactly Iron Warriors, and have been doing so since they gained their latest codex (which as you probably know is reaally dull). I was thinking though - we know Plague Marines are very good, no doubt. I however think they don't fit well with IW, at least not my army. So I came up with this, how does this sound?

"Lord Aaron, the Darksteel armour suits are finished..." Aaron Silencus, captain of the Strages Incus, looked at the renegade techpriest. Aaron stood up and walked out of the room, the half-machine man following him.
"Have they been distributed yet?"
"Yes my lord, the first five subjects are just now putting them on..."
Aaron nodded. This was a project he had planned for a long time and he saw no reason there would be any errors. The pieces of metal he had found on the latest raid, almost black in colour, was presumed to be even harder than adamantium, and it had been a hard task to find a way manipulating it - in the end Garnok had used his psychic powers to form it properly. But now, the existance of Darksteel armour was a fact, and thus Aaron's forces would be mightier than ever before. However, He did not wish to use it himself until others had tried; side effects on the mind was a slight possibility...

Essentially, I am thinking of using power armoured Grey Knights, converted to be chaosified (icons replaced and such), painted with a very dark metal colour, and count these as Plague Marines - the heightened toughness and FNP justified by the Darksteel.
How does this sound?

Just note, that this is by no means chaos/renegade/whatever grey knights, which I know are very frowned upon. But I love their design...

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Some considerations about IW   Some considerations about IW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 00:49

Sounds workable and fun to model to me.

Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Some considerations about IW   Some considerations about IW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 10:27

Very good then. I'll show soem pics when I start on them. Might take a while though (I still have much else on that army to paint).

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Some considerations about IW   Some considerations about IW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 12:21

To be honest Plague Marines seem pretty fluffy for IW. Yes, I also want(ed) to make their army (using BA codex, they are choppy AND have good vehicles, exactly like BA mech).

Did You know that IW have biggest ammount of Obliterators (and special strain of Obliterator virus)?
And most of new IW are made in some sort of cloning vats?

Also most of them have cybernetic limbs due to problem with stolen gene-seed (basically they are "born" without skin and with many deformations).

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Daemonculaba

So... go for it.

[edit]
You know what? What would You say about... modelling duel? I probably would paint/repaint my SM soon to match IW theme (mech BA + small Deffwing) so how about making it simultaneously?
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Some considerations about IW   Some considerations about IW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 12:49

Local_Ork wrote:
To be honest Plague Marines seem pretty fluffy for IW. Yes, I also want(ed) to make their army (using BA codex, they are choppy AND have good vehicles, exactly like BA mech).

Did You know that IW have biggest ammount of Obliterators (and special strain of Obliterator virus)?
And most of new IW are made in some sort of cloning vats?

Also most of them have cybernetic limbs due to problem with stolen gene-seed (basically they are "born" without skin and with many deformations).

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Daemonculaba

So... go for it.
I know about the oblit virus - however the other you wrote I didn't know of. In any case, I prefer to not use flesh mutations in my army, rather mechanical ones, so to speak. For example, my obliterators are instead chaosified techmarines (example: https://2img.net/h/i46.photobucket.com/albums/f108/mesme/L1160181.jpg and I feel plague marines are too mutated to fit with my theme - as such, I came up with the Darksteel Marines.

Local_Ork wrote:
You know what? What would You say about... modelling duel? I probably would paint/repaint my SM soon to match IW theme (mech BA + small Deffwing) so how about making it simultaneously?
That sounds pretty fun... (As stated though, I won't begin with the darksteel marines until later)

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Some considerations about IW   Some considerations about IW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 12:55

You could just make CybOrks... I mean CybMarines. Mad Dok Grotsnik have FNP and +1 T due to cybernetics in his body... it's 100% "GW fluff" compatible.
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: Some considerations about IW   Some considerations about IW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 13:09

Also been thinking about it - you could use zerkers as 'Trenchbreakers' - give them big hammers/mauls like the guys in Spacemarine (the computergame) and you have some raging attackers.

1Ksons could be 'cyborg' versions..
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Some considerations about IW   Some considerations about IW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 14:16

Local_Ork wrote:
You could just make CybOrks... I mean CybMarines. Mad Dok Grotsnik have FNP and +1 T due to cybernetics in his body... it's 100% "GW fluff" compatible.
That's true, of course, but I find my idea a little more amusing. Wink

Phototoxin wrote:
Also been thinking about it - you could use zerkers as 'Trenchbreakers' - give them big hammers/mauls like the guys in Spacemarine (the computergame) and you have some raging attackers.

1Ksons could be 'cyborg' versions..
That's an idea (or two). I have made berzerkers already though, as some sort of mercenaries or similar, but your idea is nice too. I wasn't planning on using 1ksons, though. (Knights of Blood, link)

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Some considerations about IW   Some considerations about IW I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 20:12

Here I have the first Darksteel Marine, thought Crowe had a daemon weapon already so he'd fit well as champion.

Some considerations about IW L1170419
Some considerations about IW L1170420

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Some considerations about IW   Some considerations about IW I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2011, 05:02

That looks brilliant Saintspirit! Great colour scheme and very nicely painted. The power effect on the sword fits right in, too, not too bright.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Some considerations about IW   Some considerations about IW I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2011, 11:29

Thanks a lot! It is such replies that makes one happy to continue with a particular project Very Happy I should be able to buy the regular DS-marines pretty soon.

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some considerations about IW   Some considerations about IW I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some considerations about IW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: