THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tantalus and reaper profile leaked

Go down 
+10
Jimsolo
Daspien
krayd
Ikol
Logan Frost
helvexis
The Strange Dark One
Dark Elf Dave
CptMetal
SERAFF
14 posters
AuthorMessage
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Tantalus and reaper profile leaked Empty
PostSubject: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 11:25

Linky

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 11:57

No point costs though Sad

Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 12:05

prepare 500+ points for Tantalus

Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 12:22

Sounds more like 350 points for the Tantalus
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 12:36

Dark Elf Dave wrote:
Sounds more like 350 points for the Tantalus

I expect more something around 400. With the Pulse Disintegrator it is almost as good as 2 DL Ravagers in shooting (310 in total).

On top of that it has a lot of fancy special rules and 16 units it can transport.
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 13:12

its 350 with wargear, reaper is 150
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 14:43

Can we have aethersails on the raider and raveger, please?
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 15:59

Would be sooooo good. Craftworlders get Wargear options for their vehicles... Grumbling that belongs in the complaints thread...

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 17:10

It seems like Forgeworld got the rules right in at least a few places where GW dropped the ball. Hopefully there will be some revisions in the planned Winter Chapter Approved.

Enhanced Aethersail options, for one.

For another, it would be nice if all 'airborne' flyer rules were revised to match the wording for 'airborne' on the Thunderhawk gunship - you add 12" when determining weapon range when targeting it during the shooting phase. This prevents utterly ridiculous scenarios, like ground infantry blowing up a jetfighter with a flamer or a hand grenade.
Back to top Go down
Daspien
Hellion
Daspien

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 17:28

So what do you think would be the best use for the chariot of tortured souls rule? beasts? Grotesques? I would preferred a rule like splinter racks that benefits kabalites warriors the most...
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 19:11

krayd wrote:
For another, it would be nice if all 'airborne' flyer rules were revised to match the wording for 'airborne' on the Thunderhawk gunship - you add 12" when determining weapon range when targeting it during the shooting phase. This prevents utterly ridiculous scenarios, like ground infantry blowing up a jetfighter with a flamer or a hand grenade.

the Manta has this as well i think it is to show theat these fliers are spending more time in the upper atmosphere than they are nearer the ground(doing strafing runs) but yeah being killed by flamers and grenades is silly maybe make it 9 for normal fliers just to remove most flamers and grenades
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 00:26

The Reaper looks amazeballs.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 05:17

might have to add this to the gripes page, but what was their rationale on naming the corsair infantry as Reavers?

Wait wait wait. Is it literally dismounted cavalry?  I'm getting initial clashes at Gettysburg flashbacks.

Also what the heck are those brace of pistols(BoP). They're effectively flamers. 8" range, D6 shots, auto 4+ wound, slight rend of -1 AP on a 6. Those are spicy. AND their special rule allows them to move 3" back if they get a single wound through on overwatch. Might just put them in a raider and charge the raider into combat with the boys unleashing broadside barrages.

Their second special rule...why would you discard the lower roll? Unless it applies to your opponent as well or something.

Sky reavers have jet packs and the Fly special rule with 16" movement. Just nasty. 24" BoP bubble. 40" +D6 if using lasblaster.

12 ppm base, +7 from lasblaster, +2 from pistols. 21 ppm that's a steal for that level of firepower and mobility. All that's left is to pray to the gods of LOS blocking terrain
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 10:28

But a flamer auto hits. Those pistols don't. Would be a bit OP I guess

Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 11:58

Barrywise wrote:
... Sky reavers have jet packs and the Fly special rule with 16" movement. Just nasty. 24" BoP bubble. 40" +D6 if using lasblaster.

12 ppm base, +7 from lasblaster, +2 from pistols. 21 ppm that's a steal for that level of firepower and mobility. All that's left is to pray to the gods of LOS blocking terrain

The problem is that the unit is fragile as f***. They are Guardsmen with better weapons and higher movement and their low morale certainly doesn't help either.

And for the same price you can get a Scourge with a 4+, 6++ and 6+++. Not to mention the Deep Strike.

Shardcarbines already put our squishy infantry a bit too close to the enemy for my liking. But if you really want to make use of the Skyreavers, you better use it's mandatory pistols. Too bad they are even worse with 8" range and their melee capabilities aren't impressive either.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 15:55

Barrywise wrote:
might have to add this to the gripes page, but what was their rationale on naming the corsair infantry as Reavers?

Wait wait wait. Is it literally dismounted cavalry?  I'm getting initial clashes at Gettysburg flashbacks.

Also what the heck are those brace of pistols(BoP). They're effectively flamers. 8" range, D6 shots, auto 4+ wound, slight rend of -1 AP on a 6. Those are spicy. AND their special rule allows them to move 3" back if they get a single wound through on overwatch. Might just put them in a raider and charge the raider into combat with the boys unleashing broadside barrages.

Their second special rule...why would you discard the lower roll? Unless it applies to your opponent as well or something.

Sky reavers have jet packs and the Fly special rule with 16" movement. Just nasty. 24" BoP bubble. 40" +D6 if using lasblaster.

Without the Drukhari or Incubi keywords Reavers and Skyreavers are never getting into a Raider or Venom. And why would you ever pay 7ppm for a Lasblaster when the Shardcarbine and Shirican Catapults are free?

Tantalus and Reaper both look prety awesome now, may have to get them.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 17:44

Imateria wrote:

Without the Drukhari or Incubi keywords Reavers and Skyreavers are never getting into a Raider or Venom. And why would you ever pay 7ppm for a Lasblaster when the Shardcarbine and Shirican Catapults are free?

Ah crud you're right. Still, 14ppm isn't bad. Not sure how to use them then...you'd need some really ridiculously good LOS cover. Maybe just keep em by your front lines to deter melee units or something.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 19:03

Barrywise wrote:
Imateria wrote:

Ah crud you're right. Still, 14ppm isn't bad. Not sure how to use them then...you'd need some really ridiculously good LOS cover. Maybe just keep em by your front lines to deter melee units or something.
Well, with a 12" move on the Skyreavers they're not slow and can be spammed really easily at 75pts a squad making for a decent anti infantry troop, could make for an interesting and cheap alternative to Kabalites that don't need transports, letting you spend points elsewhere in the list.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 20:48

Reavers are 8", Skyreavers are 16" movement

Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 23:50

You're right, I was thinking of the Shadow Spectres there. Thats even better for getting into shooting range turn 1.
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 06:26

My tantalus and reapers will actually start seeing table time. Those rules are great.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06 2017, 07:11

IMO Reapers look good on the paper, but will ultimately prove worse for anything but hordes in reality.
The reason is that they do not mitigate dice flow. They add to it. And like it or not, a lot of battles are won through dice flow mitigation. Plus the other, already mentioned issues.

Tantalus on the other hand... I know that most armies will be able to kill it T1 should they wish to. It takes like 18 lances to kill, which is not that many... But it is a very solid choice for certain builds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus and reaper profile leaked   Tantalus and reaper profile leaked I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tantalus and reaper profile leaked
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: