THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsair Pistols

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

Corsair Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Corsair Pistols   Corsair Pistols I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 15:22

Corsair pistols are a blend of splinter pistols that when the wound resolve at ap-1 so mini shuriken rule. But they fire D6 SHOTS!! wow. And you roll once for the whole unit which is bonkers good since you could always use a reroll to avoid the ghastly 1 and if you get 6 then holy bananas. For 11 points I'd take the reavers with shard carbines. Or for the cost of a scourge you get a corsair who might not have the saves or deepstrike but with good pistol rolls do crazy work. Maybe give them a couple shuriken cannons to move with and help with light vehicles and keep them cheap. But being in assault firing d6 pistols per guy at the attacking unit, these just became your conscript clearers.

Certainly corsairs lost a lot of rules and all their hq's... but those pistols are hella neat. They did just became another flavor of poison though with the pistols and the fact I think I'd always take shardcarbines over catapults and lasblasters but hey, is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Corsair Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair Pistols   Corsair Pistols I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 15:27

Moved to Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs - Count Adhemar

The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Corsair Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair Pistols   Corsair Pistols I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 16:16

PFI wrote:
Corsair pistols are a blend of splinter pistols that when the wound resolve at ap-1 so mini shuriken rule. But they fire D6 SHOTS!! wow. And you roll once for the whole unit which is bonkers good since you could always use a reroll to avoid the ghastly 1 and if you get 6 then holy bananas. For 11 points I'd take the reavers with shard carbines. Or for the cost of a scourge you get a corsair who might not have the saves or deepstrike but with good pistol rolls do crazy work. Maybe give them a couple shuriken cannons to move with and help with light vehicles and keep them cheap. But being in assault firing d6 pistols per guy at the attacking unit, these just became your conscript clearers.

Certainly corsairs lost a lot of rules and all their hq's... but those pistols are hella neat. They did just became another flavor of poison though with the pistols and the fact I think I'd always take shardcarbines over catapults and lasblasters but hey, is what it is.

At first I thought the Reaver Band would make an awesome pick because it looked like you get a cheap Shardcarbine with an 8" move that has Reckless Abandon.

But I see more problems with the unit the more I look at it. At first, I can't tell if "Dancing on the Blade's edge" is a buff or a nerf. They are also more expensive and less durable (no PfP and Ld6) than Kabalites but cost 11pts.

The Pistols are awesome, but make this an expensive troop cost. They could be an interesting melee option, but I think they are too squishy for that. I see a problem with the enemy falling back from combat and then blast them away with enough dakka.

The Skyreavers with 16" movement look interesting, but at the same cost you can get Scourges which are superior in many aspects. And I'm sure you want a Felarch for 5pts for the better Ld.

I do like the idea of 10 Skyreavers with a Felarch and 2 special weapons but I am not willing to pay almost 200pts for it.
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

Corsair Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair Pistols   Corsair Pistols I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 17:06

dancing on the blades edge is a typo. If you always remove the lowest then its a nerf but it says you may roll an additional die and remove the lowest. That doesn't make sense since it's optional, why would you ever roll the extra die and remove the lowest unless you feel really sadistic and want to remove your own models for fun. You would always choose not to. It should be you may remove the highest but if you still fail, you lose an additional guy. Just a fail that needs to be erratad, otherwise its a big wall of text that is always bad but you can ignore it so why bother.

I agree in many ways corsairs don't look good since they just seem to lose out on a lot of rules the had before. I still think its the neatest thing their pistols are d6 shots though.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Corsair Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair Pistols   Corsair Pistols I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23 2017, 18:17

Sorry for the poor phrasing on my part. I was talking about it the way the rule was intended (discarding the higher die). I suppose with ld7 of the Felarch this rule can become good. They are expensive and no more survivable than a guardsman.

I really like the Pistols too, but nonetheless I wish they were optional. For 9pts I think it could be a decent unit with lots of dakka.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Corsair Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair Pistols   Corsair Pistols I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26 2017, 11:45

I dont like the new BOP, i like the old way much more.

They effectively killed Corsairs for me in every way possible, i hate them now.

Low LD, pointless rule, low save, lost of cool mobility.

BOP aka poison flamer pistols (instead of 2 sets of 2 pistols)... They shouldnt be poison masters either but a blend and they lost that IMO.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Corsair Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsair Pistols   Corsair Pistols I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsair Pistols
Page 1 of 1