THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Destroyed transports and strenght from death

Go down 
+4
Barrywise
Ikol
The Red King
BizarreShowbiz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

Destroyed transports and strenght from death Empty
PostSubject: Destroyed transports and strenght from death   Destroyed transports and strenght from death I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 13:16

Sorry if this has been adressed already, but after a quick scan of this section I didnt see anything related, and it honestly surprises me becouse it should have come up already.

If a transport of an Ynnari unit get destroyed, is the unit that disembarks able to soulburst? According to the rulebook, when the vehicle is destroyed it is removed only after its passengers disembark, so they should benefit from its death as they are on the table when it is removed. Am I correct?

Back to top Go down
http://engalie40k.blogspot.com.es/
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed transports and strenght from death   Destroyed transports and strenght from death I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 13:43

Away from book but that sounds right to me.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed transports and strenght from death   Destroyed transports and strenght from death I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 14:04

Reaping the souls of our former Steersmen to lay waste to our foes, he'll to the yeah!
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed transports and strenght from death   Destroyed transports and strenght from death I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 17:04

seems legit to me. Does the Ynnari rule specifically state when the model is removed from the table?
Back to top Go down
Subsanity
Sybarite
Subsanity

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed transports and strenght from death   Destroyed transports and strenght from death I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 17:32

7E the rule was if the transport is wrecked yes but destroyed no. Don't ask my why but GW confirmed. I have not seen if that has changed for 8e.

Edit I would guess that they are to busy trying to escape death from an explosion to focus on SFD lol
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed transports and strenght from death   Destroyed transports and strenght from death I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 20:17

Pg 181 of the BGB; from step 4.5: Inflict Damage

Quote :

If a model's wounds are reduced to 0, it is either slain or destroyed and removed from play

From pg 183 of the BGB

Quote :

If a transport is destroyed, any units embarked within it immediately disembark (see below) before the transport model is removed...
Also
Quote :

Embarked units cannot normally do anything or be affected in any way whilst they are embarked. Unless specifically stated, abilities that affect other units within a certain range have no effect whilst the unit that has the ability is embarked
Emphasis mine

Pg 76 of Xenox Index 1 states

Quote :

Each time a unit is completely destroyed within 7" of one or more units with this ability...  ... pick one of those units to make a Soulburst action

From all of this I would argue that we can not Burst off our own dead transport.

Logic follows thus:

Check if the unit (transport) is Destroyed.
It is so remove it - however, this sequence is interrupted by the disembark rule. The unit disembarks, and may then check to see if it can soul burst. However, the trigger for them to have disembarked, the fact that the transport died, triggered by the same thing that would have triggered their soulburst. Furthermore, nothing in the soulburst rule states in may impact units embarked, and therefore does not meat the criteria of "Unless specifically stated"

Fluff wise, Subsanity hit it on the nose.
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed transports and strenght from death   Destroyed transports and strenght from death I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 21:52

Faitherun wrote:

Check if the unit (transport) is Destroyed.
It is so remove it - however, this sequence is interrupted by the disembark rule. The unit disembarks, and may then check to see if it can soul burst. However, the trigger for them to have disembarked, the fact that the transport died, triggered by the same thing that would have triggered their soulburst. Furthermore, nothing in the soulburst rule states in may impact units embarked, and therefore does not meat the criteria of "Unless specifically stated"

This does make sense, even though is unintuitive that something that is destroyed remains in the table. Bummer, since both Harlequins and Kabalite trueborn would have benefitted greatly from soulbursting out of transports.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://engalie40k.blogspot.com.es/
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed transports and strenght from death   Destroyed transports and strenght from death I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25 2017, 01:38

Faitherun covered it in more detail, but my reading was the same.

Models are embarked when their transport is destroyed so no soulburst. The fact they disembark before you remove the model doesn't impact whether they are in range when it is destroyed.

/sadface

Back to top Go down
mgrosh
Slave
mgrosh

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed transports and strenght from death   Destroyed transports and strenght from death I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26 2017, 15:13

referencing the 7e FAQ. the difference between why wrecked units are allowed and Exploded are not is related to when the transport is removed from play.

in 7e when the transport wrecked, the unit is then deployed and the transport is then removed. GW allowed Ynnari to soulburst in this situation.

in 7e when the transport exploded, the transport is first removed then the unit is deployed in the crater. GW did NOT allow a soulburst in this situation.

If they keep the same reasoning. i would think they would allow soulburst in 8e since the transport is removed(completely destroyed) after the unit is deployed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destroyed transports and strenght from death   Destroyed transports and strenght from death I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destroyed transports and strenght from death
Page 1 of 1