THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Finally back

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

Finally back Empty
PostSubject: Finally back   Finally back I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25 2017, 13:37

Was gone for a while. Moved, had no one to play with, so focused on painting my son's armies, finished my DE and have started my harlequins.

Anyway, with the advent of 8th and an impending move back to the states, I thought I would check back in and try to catch up on what is new, different,better and worse in the DE world.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Finally back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally back   Finally back I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25 2017, 15:49

Welcome back to the true kin. I hope you found people to play with.

Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

Finally back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally back   Finally back I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25 2017, 16:09

I have a group back in the states to play with. My son is home for the summer, so when our rules get here, we will play a bit.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

Finally back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally back   Finally back I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 05 2017, 14:57

Well, back again. Ended it up moving somewhere other than we thought, now on the west coast for the first time. Just got my gear after a protracted stay in a temp place.

Anyway, hoping to get in a game this weekend at a local store, but have not had a chance to play any 8th edition and don't know where to start. I read the rules and have the new book with our stats. Wandering through the store twice now it looks like the big players are orks, nurgle, marines and grey Knights. Have not seen much of anything else.

How do our elves fare these days and do any of the old ways still work?
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

Finally back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally back   Finally back I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 13:21

Vehicles have gone up in price, combat viability is a lie, you're better off bringing a Farseer or Warlock as your HQ than one of our own inferior commanders (which you can do in the same detachment) our Razorwing Jetfighter is awesome as is the Ravager, we are a surprisingly slow army for GW's description of 'blisteringly fast'.

Charge your opponents snooty units with your vehicles if required.

Aim for 1 Darklance per 100 points worth of army.

Stick out of LOS and gunline.

Bring small units of beasts or Kabs to screen against deepstriking enemies or psychic powers as this is your only form of defence against such attacks.

Scourges are our only form of Deepstrike and they are awesome. Remember to pack Darklance on your Scourges and only ever advance them if you're racing for a point to win the game.

Otherwise, business as usual with our gun-boats.

Don't touch the cult units, they suck.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

Finally back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally back   Finally back I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 15:08

Sounds similiar to last edition. I have built a lot of lists, but am not sure what point level they like to play locally, but I made a few fluffy and a few all comer lists at 1500 and 2000 points.

MSU looks the way to go for anything that is not a "kill-point" game," Otherwise, I think DL spam (at 20 points per) is probably the way to go...that is with no 8th edition games under my belt.

Yikes, they made reavers expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finally back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally back   Finally back I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally back
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Port Of Lost Souls